Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put an offer in on a house yesterday and it was accepted that night! Gettin inspections done tomorrow morning and the planned closing date is the 22nd of Feb. I'm so stoked.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Congrats Powder. Nice going Tup:

Tip: Whatever you do, don't remodel. Just sell the house and buy a turn key model. I know from experience LMAO. :lol:

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red Neckersom said:

Tip: Whatever you do, don't remodel. Just sell the house and buy a turn key model. I know from experience LMAO. :lol:
Oops... the house is a fixer. :lol:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Congrats!!!

There is nothing better then the pride of ownership and you cant go wrong with it. It is the best investment you can make hands down!

Tup:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
powder said:
Red Neckersom said:

Just kiddin man, I love my house and all they things I have done to it so far to make it custom. I just bit off a little more then I could chew and got tired of working on it and ran out of dough$ for now. It is a lot of fun though. If you need any help let me know. I actually like helping other people working on their house. :lol:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Thats a great feeling. Its so much nicer to pay house payments then rent each month. Congrats clap:

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red Neckersom said:
powder said:
Red Neckersom said:

Just kiddin man, I love my house and all they things I have done to it so far to make it custom. I just bit off a little more then I could chew and got tired of working on it and ran out of dough$ for now. It is a lot of fun though. If you need any help let me know. I actually like helping other people working on their house. :lol:
I hear ya on that. I've been working on the house we rent for a year and a half now and got sick of it cuz it's not mine. I love seeing progress on projects like this but i was only seeing the owners pockets get richer cuz i was increasing the value of their house, for a rent discount of course. I'm gonna enjoy seeing it transform.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Congratulations on buying your first home. Now remember Rome was not built in a day. Take your time in doing up the place. That way you get time to fish and time to appreciate the work you have done. Those who go like a bat out of hell get no enjoyment out of doing the jobs and when they have finished just want to sell on and move to the next project. Relax and enjoy the day.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Sir John, how come you didn't send over those words of wisdom about a year ago. :lol:

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Nice. You'll love being a homeowner. I'm with you man, some of us can't afford anything other than a fixer. You'll get your sweat equity out of it in the end, but until then you have a nice place of your own you can do whatever the #^&$ you want to it, or nothing at all - finally, it is all up to you. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Congrats, I'm coming up on my 1 month anniversary in my first house. Nothin I hate worse then sending out rent checks! never again.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Congrats on the new house. Best move you ever made.
Don't listen to Red, he's just still burned out. His house is awesome. :D

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
good job Tup:

the only thing I wish I did was buy a bigger house. but it was hard to pass up having a green belt behind me. and I will have to do sideing, got to get rid of this lp stuff

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
clap: Congrats on BUYING your first house! Way better than going through the headache of having one built (Then crushed by trees a week before it was complete) At least now we can laugh about it conf: kinda :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts