Budget Musky Reel | Gamefishin.com

Budget Musky Reel

Discussion in 'Classifieds - For Sale / Trade' started by jennymolin, Sep 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jennymolin

jennymolin New Member

Looking to upgrade a little with a new baitcaster. I'm looking for something that can handle casting Pounders and bucktails mostly, and of course, haul in the big guy when the time comes. Here's the caveat, I need to keep this around $100 to maybe $120. I've looked all over the internet and have found dozens of things, but I wanted to see what the pros thought before taking the plunge. Any ideas on a good all around casting reel in that price range? Any recommendations on a gear ratio?

Thanks
    Jenny

2. THE TRAPPER 1

THE TRAPPER 1 Member

Top Poster Of Month

Jenny, This one from "Discount Tackle" might work for you, at just over $100 and available in left or right hand models it should handle those Muskies.
    " TRAPPER"[​IMG]

Daiwa Tatula CT Casting Reels

Features:
    • Daiwa Tatula CT Casting Reels are a series of low-profile baitcasting reels designed for freshwater sportfishing for bass and other common gamefish.
    • Aluminum frame, Air rotation, and Magforce Z.
    • Ultimate Tournament Drag (UTD).
    • Cut-away 90mm swept handle and custom I-Shaped soft-touch handle knob.
    • Available in a wide range of gear ratios and retrieves ranging 5.1:1 to 8.1:1.
    Daiwa Tatula CT Casting Reels are a series of low-profile baitcasting reels designed for freshwater sportfishing for bass and other common gamefish. They offer incredibly long casts with minimal backlash and a small, compact profile that's easy to wrap your palm around, delivering incredible casting performance for a wide range of fishing applications.

The Daiwa Tatula CT also features Daiwa's cutting-edge TWS T-Wing line guide technology. This technology reduces the steep angles and friction that slow line flowing through a narrow line guide on casts. The wide top section of the T-wing allows the line to free during casting and when the reel is engaged on the retrieve the line is funneled into the narrow lower channel of the T-wing for even distribution across the spool width.

Another impressive feature of the Tatula CT line-up is the color-coded metal accents on the different gear ratios. Each gear ratio comes with a different metal accent piece on the center of the reel handle, this allows anglers who run multiple set-ups to easily identify the gear ratio of the reel they are grabbing.

Available in a wide range of gear ratios and retrieves ranging 5.1:1 to 8.1:1
    upload_2020-9-23_18-38-3.png Discount Tackle.JPG

3. 411

411 Active Member

R.J

4. THE TRAPPER 1

THE TRAPPER 1 Member

Top Poster Of Month

Growl.JPG Big_Daddy Administrator
    Many of you need to RE-READ the GENERAL WARNING topic.
    Apparently, many of you are either not smart enough to figure out what it says OR you just don't care.

Either way....I am tired of the recently renewed PM's, from numerous GF's concerning the content of many of the posts in this forum.

In addition, this crap is spilling over to the other forums.

I am not going to waste time PM'ing people when they violate the rules. You guys and gals know the rules.

DON'T PUSH IT......

I don't care who's best friend you are.......continue ignoring the warnings and you will be leaving.

Well said! "Big_Daddy", Well said!
    " TRAPPER "

5. 411

411 Active Member

Another regurgitated post by RJ, I mean Al Worrells kid- CFM's bitch, all hats fit.