Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just going to bed but decided to switch channels and came across this bit of news.

Lawyers for five Iraqis will publish evidence today (Friday 22nd) they claim will show prisoners were executed by British troops.

Alleged survivors of the gun battle near the Iraqi town of Majat-al-Kabir in May 2004, will also claim corpses were multilated by the UK military.

The allegations were first reported a month after the incident but lawyers claim the full details will be published for the first time today.

Oh well if this is true then more $hit will hit the fan.

Just to say bad things don't just happen to American troops.

Oh well to bed.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Bad things usually happen in a war. As much as we dislike losing the moral high ground, our guys and yours are STILL human beings. When they see the death and destruction caused by insurgents, there is bound to be over-reactions down the line. They are putting their lives on the line for people who want to kill them. I can't condemn them for taking their frustrations out on the other side. Been happening for thousands of years.

If our posts here are any indication Sir John, we'd both have the same reaction when confronted with the same situation. You may not like guns, war etc... but you're still a combatant type personality, just like me.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Atrocity is the norm in warr. The best and the worst of humanity are in play and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know which facet is in the top spot.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More has come out today. The solicitors are acting for five Iraqis and they have published what they are saying are the facts. I have not seen or read any of these facts. Our Army is saying that it has held a full inquiry talking to over 100 troops and so far have found no evidence to support these five Iraqis.

That is all I have.

Yes it is sad that these things are bought up and it does not matter if it is over here or over there we must talk about these things.

I am still backing the Army. I do not know if you have had law suits bought against your soldiers but we have. Most have been thrown out and only one has been won by an Iraqi family. To my way of thinking some Iraqis see a quick way of getting money off us.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Did you ever hear of the seige of Kut, Sir John. One of the songs the Brit soldiers used to sing after that went "We ain't gonna come no more." I suspect the British Army has a rather deep seated, perhaps sub-concious need to off a few Iraqis now and then. Of course the Ottomans were running them at the time of the Seige.

btw The march of the British prisoners across the desert from Kut to Baghdad made our Bataan Death March look like a picnic hike.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TV report tonight about our own AG. I will look at it and if there is any flesh on the bones I will put up a link so that you an watch it as well. You might have to wait until tomorrow for the link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts