Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Tup: cant wait to hook into my first one this year!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Heres a little tidbit to get the blood flowing for the springers, I was on the columbia last saturday fishing sturgeon just after daylight about an hour I was pulling anchor and getting ready to move up and out a little deeper, just as I was watching for the Anchor to come into sight and slow down pulling in, I see a Bright Bullet Chasing it up, as the anchor broke the water a 30 plus Nookie broke the water like he was interested in smacking at the anchor :eek:

Pretty Bright Fish, Maybe I need to use a K-50 this year for the brutes, LOL :D

I also had 3 plus seals working the back of my boat all day---little buggers :evil:

So there were definitly some fish in the area moving up thru!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Dang Jason, that definitely got my blood flowing. I think the first one is usually caught around this time of year. So it will be soon. Tup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Oh boy, i just cant wait! i got my first taste of springer last year on a little zipperlip river, lol. And i cant wait to do it agian this year. As luck would have it i have this terrible class i have to go take for a week long in april. And its down in kelso, so every evening you can guess where ill be till dark! ;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Crowded will be an understatment.... For the trib's, since they will be closing the main stream Columbia !
not sure of the exact date, however it will be open from I-5 and up....
Cant wait to catch a few just the same Tup:

·
Registered
608 Posts
That is such an awesome video. I can't believe how many times I kept saying "Set the hook... Set the hook" Really gives you some insight into how fish react to those eggs. Especially if you miss them the first time around.

Isaac

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Took the first one for my boat last year at the very end of Feb, then the first week of March we took half a doz, then about 1 per day till April, then it was game on!!!

I can't wait...Soon I'll be workin the river about 4 days a week lookin for that first one again.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm excited also, never experienced this fishery. My intro will be May 6th with the legend!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts