Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a big biscuit and gravy/sos fan. I have noticed over the years as more of the "mom and pop" type restaurants are far and few between the biscuits and gravy dont seem as popular as years ago. I know there have to be a few sos eaters like myself. So my question is who has the best and where are they at? The "flying boots" in Tacoma USE to have superb sos (awful now), there was a restaurant in Cathlamet (before they closed it) within walking distance of the boat launch that was great. There HAS to be some places out there still.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on, my wife will be happy to hear about these places, I was gonna have her slaving in the kitchen until she gets it down to perfection, LOL. Keep em coming. Any places down south along the I-5 corridor, it would be nice to know as some of these fisheries down that way are about to pick up?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I love bisquits and gravy! There is a great mom and pop place here in PA that serves top notch B & G! My other favorite from those type of places is Chicken fried steak!

Now I'm hungry, THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Dude,

You need to get out more...not far from your house:

Mrs. Turners
701 E Main Ave
Puyallup, WA 98372-3363
Phone: (253) 848-7761

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Eastern Washington Uuniversity PUB/cafeteria here has some mighty fine B&G. You wouldnt expect it since its a school cafeteria but the stuff is good! last year when i wasnt watchin what i ate i would get it almost everyday!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Go to the Lee Restaurant in Enumclaw and have a Joe's special. It has biscuit's and gravy, covered with hashbrowns, melted cheese and topped with chopped bacon. Not the biggest portion around, but boy is it good.

If it is huge portions you want, go to the Kettle in the 'Claw. A single scramble can feed a small army.

Now you got me all hungry... :D

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
What was that restaurant/bar out next to the hotel most people stayed at for the Rufus Woods trip last year? I remember their Sausage and Gravy was pretty good... I had a big helping myself. Big chunks of sausages. Don't remember the buscuits, but thats a good thing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
olybearstud50 said:
Eastern Washington Uuniversity PUB/cafeteria here has some mighty fine B&G. You wouldnt expect it since its a school cafeteria but the stuff is good! last year when i wasnt watchin what i ate i would get it almost everyday!
EWU PUB? I scrubbed the grease off the kitchen floors for beer money. Also rapelled off that building with only 2 push offs. The ROTC had a play day for everyone.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Anyone try the 'brown bag cafe' in redmond or the one in kirkland? I've been there once and seemed like a great b-fast spot.

Sultan bakery has nice big breakfasts.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Elkrun said:
I love bisquits and gravy! There is a great mom and pop place here in PA that serves top notch B & G! My other favorite from those type of places is Chicken fried steak!

Now I'm hungry, THANKS!!
Where abouts in PA is this place, we moved here from the beaver/alleghany county area.

I am gonna have to mapquest that place to find out exactly where it is at cliff, you shoulf have told me about that before.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
FDB said:
Elkrun said:

Now I'm hungry, THANKS!!
Where abouts in PA is this place, we moved here from the beaver/alleghany county area.

I am gonna have to mapquest that place to find out exactly where it is at cliff, you shoulf have told me about that before.
Coburn's - Off of 8th and C street. Little hole in the wall, only serves breakfast and lunch, not open Monday's. Maybe 8 tables and a counter. Always crowded on weekends. Its way off the main drag in Port Angeles, mainly a locals joint.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is a way out there, but a couple years ago stopped at the Wheel Cafe in beautiful downtown Morton while up huntin', for sum biskies an' gravy one morning. My two buddies couldn't believe I ate it, by the looks they were giving me. It is obviously an eatery made to order for the prim and proper LOGGER looking out for his girlish figure!! Well, I did it and am glad...washed 'er down with a right nice Bloody Mary, and was pretty much useless for hunting (hiking) for a couple hours after that! That's okay, we never saw anything that morning anyway...!

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Elkrun said:

Now I'm hungry, THANKS!!
Pattys Eggnest wins that one too Elk ... so big and good I get 2 meals off it :mrgreen:

For downright nasty stuff yer gut full of greasy food then its hard to beat Beths Cafe in north seattle on 99. try the 12 egg omlette sick:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
I love em too. I second Pattys Eggnest. Did you know there is a new one in Everett Sj Tup:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Iceshark said:
I love em too. I second Pattys Eggnest. Did you know there is a new one in Everett Sj Tup:
I just saw it up there Ice. Problem is I am trying to stay away from that stuff for a while and its killing me :eek:

I love breakfast. Especially Hampton style :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
I rarely eat breakfast but when I do its my favorite meal. You and i should get some breakfast sometime. Umm Umm good!

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
SportJet said:
anytime buddy ... anytime. I will just skip lunch to compensate :mrgreen:
Just the smell of breakfast makes me warm and fuzzy. Hey, your skinny. You dont need to watch your calories. Just me nuke:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts