Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay we need the brains on this one.

You know when we start the computer it runs thro lots of trash before we get it to run properly. I know we can delete the temp files but this does not get rid of all the rubbish, is there a free download that will get rid of the rubbish.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
What rubbish? What is your operating system?
I have XP pro and I go to start menu and click on run, then type in msconfig and go to start up tab. click it and it will give a list of start up items. un check the ones you don't want to run at start up. It speeds up the computers startup with less stuff to start up.
If you have Adobe reader checked-this uses a lot of time; un check it-when you do want the program you will have to wait at that time for it to start and that is when you will have to wait. Then click apply. You will be asked to restart and after that you get a popup message about there being a change. There is a box to check that will keep it from popping up again if you are happy with the change but I have to take my son to get his wisdom teeth out so I can't tell what it says exactly ( I am doing it as well for my own machine as I post this) but I will when we get back. Or you might be able to figure it out.
Toni

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I also run Vista john, I was wondering the same thing. I did the msconfig but now i get an annoying pop up that says windows has blocked some programs. How do you get rid of that pop up ?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know a thing about how they run nowadays. Bring back the ZX81 I could program that one. ;)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
In XP when you get the popup window read it all the way to the bottom and it has a box to check. I don't remember what it said but check the box and it won't show up any more. I have only been on a friends Vista machine once over a year ago. If it has msconfig then some things are still the same.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Go back to XP and all of your problems will be solved. wink:

Do as wannafish stated. You want to type msconfig, then go to startup and uncheck all the crap that you don't want to start on bootup.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I have done what wannafish said I should do.

Will let you know how I get on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts