Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still in shock!

The Democrats should have some fun with this one.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The French will design them.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
The planes may be built in Alabama and provide jobs there, but the vast majority of the PROFITS will go across the Atlantic.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
We should not be contracting something this big to European companies.
Why not? I thought conservatives believed in unregulated FREE MARKETS and a GLOBAL economy? conf:
If Airbus can do it cheaper than Boeing... then they should... right? After all... that's what's best for the American people... or so we're told? :?

Why would you want Senators Murray and Cantwell to interfere? That would be the 'big government', liberal thing to do... wink:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This was Boeings deal to lose and they lost it. They messed up HARD on this deal but I am sure they will be hurtin but still survive. Congrats to Northrop on making this deal.

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Well when Boeing decided to go bribeing folks, they sort of hurt their chances at keeping the contract.
Seems like John McCain was 'outraged' at the mere thought, if I remember correctly.

Competition, a bedrock conservative principle.............. :mrgreen:

Who cares anyway, Boeing is a Chicago company that is well known for outsourcing to foreign countries large amounts of the manufacturing process anyway.

I guess getting the best deal for our military, and providing value for the US taxpayers comes in second to sending some Chicago company a bunch of work .

wink:

G

·
First...I see this thread being move to the Political forum soon.

Second. That's our tax dollars (that's what I said OUR tax dollars). Buying airplanes from another company for OUR military is wrong in my eyes. Tdown:

Third: Say good-by to the 767 line. There aren't enough orders to keep it going. They'll probably build what's left and then close that line down. conf:

And finally. Thank Mike Sears and Darlene Druyen for this loss. (imo) Tdown:

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
I read on the 'Weakly No_Standard' that one of the reasons for Boeing not getting the order was the 767, and potential maintenance costs of being the only new order for the model. It was also smaller, and outdated, and generally not as good a value for the government.
Boeing, as ibc pointed out, shares much of the blame here, as they got greedy, and tried to SCREW the livin' sh*t out of the Feds, and yes, that means us, by bribing and otherwise trying to get a 'lease deal' instead of a 'purchase deal' a while back.

I'm sure you'd have all been real happy knowing that we built an outdated airplane for our miltary, on a 'lease basis', thus costing the taxpayers huge amounts of wasted money to line the pockets of a Chicago based multinational.

Outside of Boeing, or maybe McCain............who else is to blame ? :wink

The US Government, via the DOD spends about 7 plus percent of its purchases on foreign manufactured miltary parts and equipment.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Wow,, Make sure McCain gets a big fat NO vote! Nothing like sending jobs out of the state to a NON Union, non US owned company. I hate flying on Airbus anyways and try to avoid it at all costs. sick: Makes me sick to think about a US airforce pilot having to fly a foreign company plane!

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Back when I was in the USAF crewing KC-135Qs, Boeing lost a 747 tanker deal to McDonnel Douglas with the KC-10 Extender. If memory serves, they even built a prototype or two. Was just too big, too slow and too expensive, but it sure woulda' carried some gas! Funny how now McDonnel Douglas is part of Boeing.

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
The democrats control both the House and the Senate.

They share a good deal of the blame. Nothing can happen without their approval.

The contract may be awarded "for now". Let's see if they can get it funded thru Ways and Means.

I hope this gets a strict review before preceeding.

No matter what your policitcal affiliations are, this is wrong to have a vast majority of the parts fabricated in France.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts