Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An idea being put forward by our the British Gov.

Due to a shortage of donor parts, a dead body will no longer belong to a family member until the doctors have decided if any of the organs can be removed for use in operations to save other peoples lives.

This is a mad idea in my opinion. So far folk have been able to volunteer their organs in case of a sudden death or their relatives have given permission for them to be removed after death.

Would you like the State to remove your organs after death without any say so.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, first, it's just an idea and people feeling free to put ideas forward is a good thing.

Second, no, I don't like it BUT...

Third, I can appreciate the rational behind it. You've got one person dead and nothing to do for them but another dying who could live a productive life with the heart/lungs/liver/kidneys/etc from the dead body. In a purely rational discussion there wouldn't even be a hesitation to make this the law. But people are for better or worse not completely rational at the best of times and asking them to be "reasonable" after a loved one has passed away is a bit much.

It's the kind of situation that makes you root for these guys:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/1 ... 81279.html

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JMP, I heard about the rats heart yesterday. Although it is still in the planning stage if there is not an uproar about taking out organs I expect it to become law over here before the end of the year.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
And who chooses the recipient of the rustled organs? Up for the highest bidder? Some pigs are more equal than others. It will be very interesting to see how life is doled out by your rulers SJ, if the organ bank comes to fruition.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will be interesting to also see if the Area Health Officals sell off their organs to other countries and buy them from other local AH Authorties. Will they store so many and then wait until they are used before gathering more. Or will they just collect as many parts as they can harvest and then sell off to the highest bidder as I suspect they will do. They will by law be unable to charge British citizens for the use of them, also will the Brits get a low quality of organ and the best are sold on to other countries. Would not surprise me if they did this.

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
Preposterous! Idiotic! Lame brained! Outlandish! And a real bad idea regardless of the "good intentions". This is my body and I reserve the right to treat it any way I like. I also reserve the right to destroy it if I please. The government has no business taking my body parts unless I say so. Period! Man, you guys are off the charts over there... conf: We're not that far behind though...Might just catch up after November... sick:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Won't work Ff. They will put your particles in the pablum if you disintigrate yourself.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
The lib brits will get inline behind it. They sold their soul in the hopes that one day should it be need the govt. would take care of them just like thier mummies did. Mummy owns them their bodies were just a vehicle to collect taxes. It won't be ong before the teat suckers here get in line for the same thing.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
"I like your attitude FF. I find myself agreeing with you a lot."
In my best Gomer Pyle voice: "Surprise, surprise, surprise!" clown:

Hot dang Sledge... Ff can be your own personal Rush Limbaugh here on the board! :shock:

Save ya from wastin' all that time thinkin' and such! :p :D

just ribbin' ya my friend. wink:

I'm not crazy about the idea of Government making choices about my body without my express permission either. But...

...I'll be freakin' DEAD! What the hell do I care! :ugeek: :lol:

Certain parts of me could go a long way in maybe savin' some other guy's marriage... if'n ya know what I mean! :eek: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You got me laughing hard with that last comment you sexist pig you! I have the same sense of humor there. How about this, if that fish in you avatar is your wife, I'm thinking you're more on the line of John Wayne Bobbitt. I don't know how that's going to help any man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts