Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken any boaters education classes? There seem to be quite a few ways to git er done. I just want to learn the most for my time so which ones seems to be the best? I have a few year before I have to do it but I figure why wait. Maybe I will learn something and be a better boater. Is the consenses here just to do it online or actually go to a class? Thanks for any information you all might have.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The class is always best- interacting with the teacher is a much better way to learn. The online courses aren't too bad, though.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Its a pretty simple test. If you're been boating for any length of time,you should already know most of the answers.

I took mine when they first became needed. I was 32 at the time and didn't need to take it for a few more years. I wanted to get it out of the way.

I'm card # 478

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I want to get it out of the way but also want the chance to learn something new. I think I will go to a class. It will be nice to get out of the house a couple of evenings anyways.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just got done taking the on-line test. It was pretty easy and quick. I don't need to have it done until 2013, but I have it out of the way now. It takes about 6 weeks to get the card mailed out though. You can print a copy of it so you have proof. Tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts