Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats your boat name and how did you come up with the name?

I've got a couple boats now that need namin'. :)

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
High and Dry.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
My wife has been on me to name my boat,but I haven't got around to it yet.

When I do,its gonna be "Mama's Money"

Basically because I haven't had a job since I turned 30. I'm going on 5 years of being a kept man. :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm still searching for a name for my boat. I keep thinking one of these trips a name will pop up and she will kinda name herself, but that hasn't happened yet. So, the search continues...

But for you Hook, there has got to some sort of Doctor, Hook and fishing combination... I'll think about it for ya.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
Mine is called the "Ripple" but I didn't name it and I heard that it is bad luck to change a boat's name. I told my wife I was gonna change it to the "Nipple", she didn't approve.
If you really want to change the name,there are "ceremonys" that counteract the bad JuJu associated with names changes.

·
Registered
946 Posts
It started out with "fish-on charter's", since then there has been fish-on charter's 2,3 and now 4, The best one yet..you all would laugh if I were to post a pic of fish-on charter's 1 she was a diamond...lol

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
BIG GUY said:
It started out with "fish-on charter's", since then there has been fish-on charter's 2,3 and now 4, The best one yet..you all would laugh if I were to post a pic of fish-on charter's 1 she was a diamond...lol
You have a picture of that old skow? clap:

·
Registered
693 Posts
i call aaron and my 21' north river seahawk "the artful dodger" inspired from "oliver twist". The nickname "Artful Dodger" is still commonly used to refer to someone who is good at avoiding responsibility or the consequences of his or her actions. as far as him being a pick pocket, isnt that what we all try to do is find pockets of fish? pick em and bonk em! i havnt got the lettering on the transome yet but id like to have a picture of that dirty faced kid wearing a top hat and holding a doubled up rod with the lettering artful dodger in an arc above the picture. i talked to a couple of graphic arts places and it sounds like its gonna be a few hundred bucks to make that happen...

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Oncorhynchus. (on-kor-heen-cus) - The genus name for salmonids. My wife is a fisheries biologist, so she came up with a few words related to the fish we target. I wanted something I'd never seen before. It's a conversation magnet. Since installing the name, I've never had the boat on the water without someone asking how to pronounce it, or what it means.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
SeaSport said:
I'm still searching for a name for my boat. I keep thinking one of these trips a name will pop up and she will kinda name herself, but that hasn't happened yet. So, the search continues...
I thought we decided on the "Cranky Biotch"?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I haven't settled on a boat name either. Been over two years now. I run everything by the wife and nothing I choose seems to be good enough to meet her approval. I thought about naming it the Good Enough as a result, but like everything else, that hasn't stuck either.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My old boat was "Fishy Business" due to some of the adventures we had on it. New boat is "SeaWalker" because my last name is Walker so it's a pun that no one else gets I guess.

Matt that's funny you chose Oncorhyncus; my wife voted for that name but I reasoned that most people couldn't pronounce it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
CommanderX said:
SeaSport said:
I thought we decided on the "Cranky Biotch"?
NO, we were talking about calling it the "Crabby Bitch" with crab claws comming from the upper part of the "Y", but when the wife heard that she actually thought I might have been talking about her... wink: So that's not going to happen...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
"5150" :mrgreen:

If ya don't know what THAT is... Google 5150 Van Halen.... Tup:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Still working on one for mine too. I have been thinking of using Barbless, but my wife Barb doesn't see the humor in it. She doesn't like to fish, so it seemed appropriate. I'm going to keep looking.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
The last boat was named "the millertime", everyone i trolled by that was drinking beer would hold there beer to me. The new boat I haven't decided yet, I thought about naming it "my dumbass".

1 - 20 of 69 Posts