Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my dad and I were making our way down toward the takeout we had come across my good friend waving us down as we slipped through a really small gap over a tree that completely crossed the river. We had just been informed that a white fiberglass DB had some anchor issues and flipped into the ICE cold water. Some other fishermen had been fishing a hole and they had seen a boat kind of rolling in the water with coolers floating along with a lot of otther possesions. The other guys said that they had seen the boat sinking down river with no body in the water and there were 3 guys in the boat. We were worried that they had been sucked into the logjam right below were they flipped their boat, scanning the water for bodies or any kind of movement we had seen someone across the river on a higher sided bank that belonged to the boat and he said they were all ok(thank goodness). Hopefully it will be a lesson to other DBters that if their ever undecided on a tough piece of water just walk it down if they can. If any of them are on this board Im just glad to see them all live and well.

Jake

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Always scary to hear about that type of accident...glad they were OK...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
ya also theres no exuse for not wearing a PFD as i heard those guys where not.

PS. fishing wasnt that hot neither

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
down kinda by crossover . there where a few fish caught today but pretty slow, water is colored up pretty good but is green. i would let it come down a little more, before but if ya do wanna go fish slow

·
Registered
200,908 Posts
Where exactly was this sweeper?

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was about 3/4 of a mile above the crossover bridge, its a tree that completly crosses the river but theres a really small part where there is no branches and the water is 10in above the log. If it doesnt blow out in the next high water its gonna suck when there is low flows.

Jake

·
Registered
200,908 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
This is the reason I completely support removing dangerous trees from the rivers ESPECIALLY on a river filled with plenty smolt habitat like the Nooch. No human life is worth leaving a tree in the water just because it makes good cover for fish! Does the state provide a forum for people to report hazards like this?

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
squidward said:
This is the reason I completely support removing dangerous trees from the rivers ESPECIALLY on a river filled with plenty smolt habitat like the Nooch. No human life is worth leaving a tree in the water just because it makes good cover for fish! Does the state provide a forum for people to report hazards like this?
Im not saying that I disagree but the Nooch's native steelhead run isnt nearly as good as it use to be and anything that may help to bring them back should stay. And as for the tree, the only people risking their lives are the people that are too stupid to walk their boat down.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been over it monday and the only way around is to drag it over the bar, right now at these flows you can go right over it , it is very narrow though.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
That's good that everyone was OK Tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts