Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a place that will detail my boat. Anyone got any recommendations of places/people you have used and a ballpark price that this is going to cost me. I'm looking for a total detail, scrub, wash, wax and detail the engine...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The going rate for a decent detailer will be around $30-$40 per foot for a wash/wax detail of the hull only. The decks and engine area will be extra. Figure maybe around $1k to get it done.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YIKES!!! Looks like I'm gonna have to use a little of my own elbow grease...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah, that's what I keep saying too. If you have another person or two helping you, it goes a lot quicker. I just figure on spending a weekend in the spring and again in the fall doing a full detail myself. Full detail for me includes hull/deck regular wash, followed by a cleaner, followed by a coat of polish (not on the non-skid though!!), followed by two coats of wax. The boat cleans up really easily for months after the process. Not to mention bird crap and other dirt just hoses right off without staining. Use Meguiars products...expensive, but well worth it Tup: . Oh, and get yourself a good buffing machine and plenty of microfiber and terry cloth bonnets. Pick a cloudy day or two to do it. Don't forget the beer wink: .

I try to detail my engine after every couple uses...though time usually wins and I go home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts