Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time. I need to replace my boat soft top, side curtains, and drop curtain. I have a 20' Trophy. Anybody have suggestions of where I should go to get a quality product at a fair price? I live in Everett but I'm willing to drive to where ever I need too.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
See if you can find a listing for Airport Valley Vinyl. They are down by Sea-Tac and have done nice work for me in the past. There are also some members of this site who have family in the business, hopefully they will chime in.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Mac's Upholstery in Ballard. They did a lot of work for me in the last year. They do canvas, vinyl (color and clear), leather and carpets.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Give my son a call as he does boat canvas.

David 360-790-2149

The only problem I see is that he is located in McCleary.

He has done a bunch of tops and very quality work.

oldguy

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I recommend superior tops in Longview and he will give you a discount if you say your a gamefishin member, I had my top made there and he beat everyone I called from seattle to portland for price, on top of that great quality, a bit of a drive, BUT depending on what your having made he will have it done quickly, sometimes just a few days.

I paid 40 % less I would have paid anywhere else that got a qoute from and had the Square tubing bows in alumnium for the same price as round, which I feel have a lot less flex and are stronger than the original round type.

PM if you have any questions, the owners name is Dave and is a great guy to deal with and will back up the product no questions asked.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Craig's boat tops in Graham does very quality work and has done "ALOT" of gamefishers tops and canvas needs. Tup:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Theres an older woman in salkum who did the top on my boat. She had great prices and did an awesome job on it! I don't have her number right now, but i know theres a pretty big sign just on the east side of "town".

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you haven't pulled the trigger, check out Leta's Top Shop in Arlington. She is the only one with all the factory patterns for Trophy, Bayliner, & Maxum. As long as she has your pattern, no measuring or boat visit required which saves big time over custom. She can take your order over the phone and ship for $15 or so. Order early and she may get it to you in a week or two. She will be slammed come March/April shipping orders all over the world.

I did a 26' complete Sunbrella canvas package, front/side windows, bimini w/ storage cover, and slant back for under $1500 (on my original frame). I had quotes up to $5000 for custom. It fit like a glove too.

You do have to install the canvas yourself including snaps. Took me about 4 hours to get it right. I'm very pleased...actually fit better than the factory vinyl.

Best of luck - RS

get quote/order online
http://www.letastopshop.com/

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
rosariostrait said:
If you haven't pulled the trigger, check out Leta's Top Shop in Arlington. She is the only one with all the factory patterns for Trophy, Bayliner, & Maxum. As long as she has your pattern, no measuring or boat visit required which saves big time over custom. She can take your order over the phone and ship for $15 or so. Order early and she may get it to you in a week or two. She will be slammed come March/April shipping orders all over the world.

I did a 26' complete Sunbrella canvas package, front/side windows, bimini w/ storage cover, and slant back for under $1500 (on my original frame). I had quotes up to $5000 for custom. It fit like a glove too.

You do have to install the canvas yourself including snaps. Took me about 4 hours to get it right. I'm very pleased...actually fit better than the factory vinyl.

Best of luck - RS

get quote/order online
http://www.letastopshop.com/
I 2nd that,,,,she does nice work

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took my boat to Superior Design Top Shop in Longview for my new canvas. The owner Dave is a great guy!!! I picked up my boat this morning and I couldn't be happier. I switched over to red Sunbrella from black. It looks great, well made with quality materials and a killer price. I highly recommend them if you're looking for canvas work. The price was so good that I drove down from Everett to get it done. Here's a couple of photos of their work.

Slabby
[/b]

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Yep they did Dr Hooks hooks top on his trophy .... turned out real nice!!

FDB said:
Craig's boat tops in Graham does very quality work and has done "ALOT" of gamefishers tops and canvas needs. Tup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Fish Guy Keith said:
Yep they did Dr Hooks hooks top on his trophy .... turned out real nice!!

FDB said:
They also did Aristotles, Larry's, the front canvas on OC's also. He also garauntees his work for the freeway also and he's cheaper than 1500.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Slabby20 said:
I took my boat to Superior Design Top Shop in Longview for my new canvas. The owner Dave is a great guy!!! I picked up my boat this morning and I couldn't be happier. I switched over to red Sunbrella from black. It looks great, well made with quality materials and a killer price. I highly recommend them if you're looking for canvas work. The price was so good that I drove down from Everett to get it done. Here's a couple of photos of their work.

Slabby
[/b]

Dave treats everyone well, glad your happy with the new top, I have posted before, its always worth the drive, IT WILL SAVE you cash and you will still get a quality JOB clap:

·
Registered
488 Posts
TRAUT said:
See if you can find a listing for Airport Valley Vinyl. They are down by Sea-Tac and have done nice work for me in the past. There are also some members of this site who have family in the business, hopefully they will chime in.
Airport Valley Vinyl had a fire and I don't believe they ever reopened.
Too bad, they did some top quality work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts