Gamefishin.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Blackmans Lake in city of Snohomish on 5/8/99 and 5/9/99. It was planted on Wednesday. I caught and released maybe a total of 90 fish! Small, 8-9" mostly, but one was 13" (a carryover, probably.) Small Triple Teasers in orange/pearl were hot. Gotta go fast enough to make them not just wobble back and forth but to actually siwash top to bottom (is faster than I can row for very long, so I used electric motor.) But if go so fast lure spins, I caught only a few. No gas motors allowed. Only 4 other boats at any one time! Most others folks in boats caught a good number of fish too. Green #10 Wooley Buggers were good too. Saw an eagle chase an osprey that had a trout in it's talons, for what seemed like forever. Saw one osprey grab a fish easily w/in my casting distance (it incredibily almost went completely under water to get the fish, after diving almost completely straight DOWN...I don't know how it could fly again with it's wings lying flush to the surface of the water.)
Dale D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I FISHED THIS LAKE FOR SIX HOURS WITH MY LITTLE BROTHER FROM ALL 3 DOCKS,WE TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOT EVEN 1 LOUSY BITE THIS LAKE SUCKS,DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this lake is planted with thousands of 1-3 lb rainbows by the WDFW, the plantings will continue through the spring, and there have also been about a thousand triploid rainbows that will be topping 4-5 lbs in a year or two. They are very hungry after being planted and will eat just about anything that you throw out there.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went out to Backmans lake in the afternoon with a couple friends, caught 2 in an hour and my friends left with a limit and a 1/2.. Was better then I expected..they seemed to like green or orange powerbait off the bottom..

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fished here for about an hour and a half, from both shore access park areas (best one off 13th). A few nibbles on worms, nothing on powerbait. Switched to a crankbait then a jig when another guy and I saw the largemouths protecting their brood around the fishing pier. Those bigguns must've been in the 3 to 5 lb range. Looks as if they've just come off the spawn and are not feeding at all, they didn't even eat the worms I threw in the lake when I was done. A boat would've been better I think. The plants are really overtaking this lake, bring lots of hardware.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love this lake i caught 27 fish in three hours with just worms and a bobber baby whooo fish on.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went fishing in blackmans with my grandson, he was using bobber and worms and i was throwing down an okee drifter with eggs. He caught two in first half hour (Rainbows 10-14") and then I hooked a monster something got it up to th boat and it looked like either a silver or king slamon,

Edited by Easy Limits on 10/18/2009.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hooked around 30 fish in two hours casting out a leech fly and trolling with oars, most around 12-14 inchers one 21 incher some overall pretty fish, saw two boys trolling pop gear and worms and they had hooked a couple, noticed most the fish are hanging in the deep holes of the lake in the far ledt corner if standing at the boat launch, i had a wet fly that was about two feet underwater

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fished Blackman's Lake today. Caught only 3, 1 was 11"-12" range and the other 2 were 5LB. & 4LB. Great triploid fish. Far end of lake, trolling red wedding ring tipped with worm.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I here a lot about people catching trout but fishing off the dock I could only catch perch. I gues its time i started using a boat.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fished from sun up to sundown hooked three real fish all day one was a 17" rainbow the others were four or five bound large mouth, I too hooked something that fought real hard and jumped and spit the hook kinda resembled that of a chinook?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fished from about 5pm-7pm caught three nice 12-16" trips, but as i was trolling in (using a little pink and silver dick nite) I hooked into something very big I was able to get it to the boat before my line snapped, looked to be in the 10-12 pound range with a dark back.

Edited by Easy Limits on 9/27/2010.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fished blackmans for trout.got 1.my brother caught 2 one was 5 lbs.kind of slow.still cold.needs to warm up.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sun&fun took the kids out pick up a couple of stockers with power bait,Saw a few more caught around us but pretty slow,Look like trolling was paying off the best.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So me and my friend Mike went out and fish off of a boat and we caught nothin so we stopped and eated some samiches from Haggens and eat them in the boat while standing in the middle of the lake then my friend Mike needed to find the shitter but there isnt one and no one knew where to find one and our battery needed to get charged and no one knew where we could charge it so we fished off the docks from the battle of 2002 and we got a couple two trout

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went fishing here with my only friend Matt. Could not have asked for a better day. The sun was out the wind was calm. Started out with some trolling and was unsuccessful. Then we came upon the wreckage from the battle of 2002. So we docked Pickles (our trout boat) onto some wreckage. Used some power bait. Got 3. When the fishing got slow we took Alice (my transportation to slay turkeys) to Haggens. I got a roast beef sandwich with pesto mayo tomatoes olives and lettuce. Matt and I also split a urban. Need less to say we ate the sammies in the middle of the lake. The only negative part of the trip is I had trouble finding a shitter and we could not find a charging station for the diehard electric motor. See ya on the lake!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tried blackmans of trout.seen some bay the shore.Used lures got 3.My brother got 1.Some old guy came and started to complain about us fishing he said its for the kids but the lake is not closed like were gona catch all the fish.What an a hole.Then he must have called a gamer warden cause when we where leaving the warden lady said someone called and said you guys were putting fish in the trunk.Are freaking kidding me?She had a stupid attitude.Dont fish this lake it's full of a holes and stupid liars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts