Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a quick question to you all. Do you have to be 21 to own a black powder revolver like you do a normal handgun? They seem like they would be fun to shoot, but I dont see why you would need to be 21.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Under WA law a blackpower handgun is still a handgun (see below) But I believe a person over 18 but under 21 may possess a handgun, although they may not buy one and they may not apply for concealed pistol license. See Chapter 9.41 of the RCW.

They are fun:

RCW 9.41.010… terms

Firearms and dangerous weapons

(1) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

(2) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
I find it interesting that many of the cap and ball revolvers can accept a black powder cartridge cylinder. Pricey but nice capability. Many places that don't sell handguns long distance, do sell the cap and ball stuff along with muzzle loaders. Some of the 'must ship to and FFL holder' clauses are questionable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts