Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a Big Green Egg. Does anyone own one of these? I can buy the large with the nesting cradle and the fold down shelves for $609 plus tax. It looks really cool and it may be my all-in-one griller/BBQ/smoker I've been looking for. Anything special one should know about it? I'll be using for ribs, chicken, steak, roasts, smoking fish, and even maybe a pizza or two.

http://biggreenegg.com/

·
Super Moderator
32,972 Posts
I have heard they work really good. But I have never seen one in action.
The shop where I bought my fireplace insert sell the Egg's and I checked it out when I was there.
They look really well made and they are HEAVY. The only down side I thought was the cooking capacity it seemed a little small inside.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was a little disappointed that it doesn't have a second tray level too. The large egg weighs in at 140lbs :eek:

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see an optional grill extender that doubles the capacity. I guess I'll have to get that accessory too.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My bosses' dad is a spokesperson for the Big Green Egg in Florida. My boss got one for Christmas and thinks its the coolest thing around. My administrative assistant is retiring at the end of the month (with her gone my IQ will go down by at least 50 points) and I challenged my boss to a pulled pork cook-off for her going away party. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Thats a good price. I'd be running to pick it up.

My buddy cooks on his all the time....so we go over to his house all the time. I'll be getting one as soon as I have a place to put it. They hold heat very well, can get quite hot, and I think you'd have a hard time finding a BGE owner that would switch to anything else.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a good price. I'd be running to pick it up.
I'm going to buy it here in another month or so. My mom just started to sell them at Rich's so I get a pretty good deal. I just wanted to see if there were any happy owners that could tell me more.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
chef Dan is on 770AM every saturday noonish, he talks about cooking on a big green egg all the time

im listening to him right now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts