Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

First time poster. I have a 22’ Seasport I’m outfitting to fish this year. I just put on 2 electric Scotty downriggers and my electronics are getting installed next week. My boat is in Bellingham so I will be mostly fishing Marine area 7 but plan to venture out to Neah bay this summer for Chinooks. I’m having a hell of a time deciding what rod and reel combo to buy. I want to be able to catch Chinooks and also Coho/Pinks. I’m leaning towards the Shimano Tekota 600.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Howdy,

First time poster. I have a 22' Seasport I'm outfitting to fish this year. I just put on 2 electric Scotty downriggers and my electronics are getting installed next week. My boat is in Bellingham so I will be mostly fishing Marine area 7 but plan to venture out to Neah bay this summer for Chinooks. I'm having a hell of a time deciding what rod and reel combo to buy. I want to be able to catch Chinooks and also Coho/Pinks. I'm leaning towards the Shimano Tekota 600.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Lamiglas - Classsic glass 9' Get the Tekota 600 LC reel

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Take a look at the shimano convergance 10'6",they load up nice on the down rigger and should fit your needs for kings and coho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts