Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the best place to feed ducks is in marysville, twin lakes park. they love dog food, but don't feed them bread. :lol:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Why are you wasting good bait on ducks???

Super glue some dry dog biscuit on a hook, great as floating bait for carp and other fish that like to take food off the surface of the lake.

Put some biscuits in a container, pour boiling water on them. Allow to soften and then drain off water. Seal container. This makes great hook bait.

Drill a small hole in dry biscuit, thread thro a looped piece of line, attach piece of grass thro the loop, pull tight and this will stop the line coming back thro the biscuit. Then attach said loop line just above your hook. The fish comes along and sucks in the biscuit and hook, fish on

Attach small weight on main line, about 18 inches from hook. Super glue dry biscuit to hook. Cast in and the bait acts just like the power gum because it floats just above the weeds. You can use idea three the same way as this.

Just remember to leave the dog at home when you go fishing this way as you dont want them jumping in after your bait. wink:

Feed the fish not the ducks.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
i love ducks! Tup:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Now here I thought this whole thread made sense. First catlover noted her love of ducks. Then sir john noted how to catch them, making sure to point out that leaving the dog at home would be beneficial so it doesn't chase away the ducks. Then Iceshark chimed in with his love of ducks, as well, probably hoping to encourage his progeny to go catch dinner, while Duroboat poses the innocent question Iceshark's (or catlover's) preference on how its cooked. I'm not sure what those faces mean, though, and why they could not have been done just by looking at duro.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Catlover,
A lot of places discourage feeding the ducks and geese as their droppings can be a real nuisance. However if you live in the Kent area you would love visiting the boat launch area at lake Meridian. We used to take the girls there to feed the ducks and it was always a fun time. We love ducks!! And cats & dogs & birds etc....
Beware of the geese though. They can get nasty and ruin your good time! :lol:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
You are welcome to come over to my place on the lake to feed the ducks and geese anytime you want the only stipulation is you have to take home any that you feed. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts