Best gun lube/protectant? | Gamefishin.com

Best gun lube/protectant?

Discussion in 'Guns.....Guns.....Guns...Things that go BOOM' started by bing, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bing

bing Active Member

What do you guys like to use?

Anyone ever try Corrosion Block?

2. Birch Barlow

Birch Barlow Active Member

3. RETTRO

RETTRO New Member

Been a Tetra-gun fan since the mid 90's. Make good greases and oils. Who doesn't love many of the Hoppe's line? I love working with Kroil, by Kano, too.

4. johnguz76

johnguz76 Active Member

I use Gun Butter and Frog Lube on all my weapons.Used by the military and war invented by a Navy Seal..If they use it and love it in combat it sure will work here. great stuff. Tup: Tup: Tup:

5. Steve Ericsson

Steve Ericsson Well-Known Member

I use Break Free, but the Gun Butter and Frog Lube sound good, where do you get those?

6. johnguz76

johnguz76 Active Member

i got mine at norpoint range in arlington.i think you can go to either of their websites to find someplace closer..

7. RETTRO

RETTRO New Member

Used to use Ed's Red for alot of things, mainly because it was cheap to make. Mixed properly, its the best carbon and powder solvent there is. Mixed another way, an excellent bore-coater. Kinda got lazy over the time. CLP and the like was always the fave, before Tetra.

8. Deinhardt

Deinhardt New Member

Slip. Frog lube is good too, but we have had better luck using slip out here.

9. Birch Barlow

Birch Barlow Active Member

After hearing all the hype and finally seeing it action on a friend's gun I decided to get some Frog Lube and tried it out. I couldn't find it locally and had to order it online. That was fine because there was no tax and no shipping charge because I got through Amazon with some other stuff.

It's kinda of a pain to put on the first few times because you have to heat up the areas it's applied to. But I have to say once it's on the stuff is slicker than snot sh!t when it's on your weapon!! So far I'm VERY impressed with it but want to keep testing over a period of time before I put it on all my guns.

I like the idea of it NOT being oil based because that can attract and gather debris where you don't want it.

When you get a chance check it out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOxNu8YeN4[/youtube]

10. Simplejack

Simplejack New Member

Frog Lube. Smells so good you almost want to eat it :p
    I always used Break Free before, but after completely striping down my gun and applying the Frog Lube, I almost tossed my CLP in the garbage. So smooth action now, it's almost like a totaly different gun Tup:

11. dvs

dvs New Member

I like to use Ballistol in the Aerosol Spray. Saw some youtube video's hickok45 made which got me sold on the product.

12. mr.Goodbar

mr.Goodbar Member

gonna have to try the frog lube. I have been using gun butter since I bought my XD about 4 years ago and love it, but it does seem like it attracts dust/lint since I am an everyday carry kind of guy, and most of the time that is tucked.

13. gear addict

gear addict Well-Known Member

I'm a bit of a late bloomer on the frog lube too. Been hearing nothing but good about it.

14. Rossiman

Rossiman Member

Froglube cause I have a big tub, but Fireclean is even better...

15. RandyV

RandyV Member

I've had great results from Corrosion X!....but it is spendy for such a small bottle.....so I switched to Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil.....or any good motor oil works AWESOME!..... think about it for a second.....what does everyone want from a lube?.....corrosion protection/friction/heat?....... big motor oil companys are the ones spending tens of millions on product development...... Compared to the smaller...waaay smaller gun oil buzz....their beat out!.....plus you get huge amount of product for the buck!...especially for the regular old Joe who is not going to be shooting thousands and thousands of rounds like a comp shooter or company tester!.......so motor oil for me
    Firearms ..
    S&W M&P 15 Sport II
    Ruger SR 22 Tactical Rifle
    1943 M91/30 Mosin Nagant
    Glock 19 4th gen

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
Search tags for this page
cl gun protectant
best firearm lubricalt protectant
best gun metal protectant

best gun protectant

best gun protectant and lubricant