Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I really like the Berkely Vanish Transition for leader, strong and abraison resistant :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
GURU said:
I really like the Berkely Vanish Transition for leader, strong and abraison resistant :D
You know why they named it Vanish right? Because every fish you hook with it will "Vanish"

Its some of the worst line I've ever used.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Hunter P said:
GURU said:
You know why they named it Vanish right? Because every fish you hook with it will "Vanish"

Its some of the worst line I've ever used.
You must be talking about the regular Vanish :? , I have never had a problem with the Transition, hell all the fish I have posted about have been with that same leader line :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah vanish sucks. :evil: (the line haven't used the leader) But seaguar is great leader material :mrgreen:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have had good luck with Yozuri. Just wet all knots as you tie the egg loop. However Yozuri may be a hybrid instead of a true florocarbon. :?:

·
Super Moderator
32,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have never tried the Berkely Vanish Transition . But with the bad perfomance I had with the Berkely Vanish. I don't think I would use berkely florocarbon again. Anybody tried the P-Line?

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
I love the P-line floro!!! ... Even the Floro clear is great which is a hybrid, I've used it for all my leaders for the past 2 years!!!!! I agree berkley vanish is horrible!!! Though Berkley dose have a new florocarbon out thats pretty good ... I forgot the name but its in a gold box. Also Bekleys new MAX line is pretty good ... I havent used it alot but I got a spool to try and I'm really happy with it so far...limp , tough with fairly low strech!!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I use a copolymer, the P-Line CX for my main line and just step down one size or two for the leader. That seems to work very well for me and I have never lost a fish yet by doing that.

However, if I wasn’t on a fixed retirement income I might try some of the actual leaders. As it is they are too expensive for my budget and as I said I have never lost a fish yet using a smaller size main line for my leader.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
is there any differnce between the main line spools and the leader spools beside price ???

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I use maxima, but if I want to spend the money. P-line cfx is my favorite. I have used quite a bit of seaguar. Its good, but when it comes right down to it...all the flouro's suck compared to reguler mono's. I am convinced they catch more fish in clear water tho......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts