1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
That is terrible, She was a great person :(

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
It is very sad!! I think there were other attempts on her life before this. I was under the impression she would never appear in public. She was a stabilizing influence on that society!! I kind of fear what might be next for them..

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am absolutely shocked. When the news reader on my homepage showed that she was killed I was floored. It's weird, all I could think was "Wow, they got her." Truly sad. T

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
GURU said:
That is terrible, She was a great person :(
Though she was a more positive person for Pakistan than many others she was hardly a great person. I would never wish death upon anyone so I want to get that out of the way and I condemn the attack on her and the other people around here. But Bhutto was hardly a great Person, there were tons and tons of charges of corruption under her tenure. Under her rule the TALIBAN took power and she viewed the Taliban as a stabilizing force in Afghanistan. There are many claims that she provided much financial and military aid to the Taliban while she was in power. Not to mention most of her promises she offered to the people of Pakistan and mostly the women that she never touched on. Though a promoter of democracy she was hardly an angel.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens to the state of Pakistan with all of their 70+ "known" Nuclear Weapons while the country crumbles.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
I'm sure she still symbolizes much to the people of Pakistan. It's a shame this had to happen especially so close to election time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts