Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know Bedard is a good pickup, but I'm a little concerned that we didn't add much in terms of offence or fielding. Losing Guillen's bat will hurt, as well as losing Broussard off the bench and/or spot starts. Our outfield (besides Ichiro) is slow and getting older. The middle infield is inexperienced. The corners (Beltre and Sexson) are always wildcards. If the offense produces I can see the team winning 100 games this year. But if injuries prevail and guys like Vidro & Bloomquist move into the lineup it's going to be a long year. Exactly how many DH's can a team possibly have?

Gooooo M's...I hope!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Crap

I was just in Reno for the SUPERBOWL.

I placed baseball bets for the INDIANS, and the BREWERS.

Longshots no doubt but still good choices.

Last year I placed a futures bet on the Rockies to win it all and was only 4 games from winning it all.

This year Im happy and confident that in a 162 game season that I will win.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I dissagree a little there Dogfish. We have a very solid middle infield. This is year 3 together for Bentancort and Lopez. Ichiro is Ichiro in center and Jojima is solid behind the plate. That is how a baseball team is built defensively. Then you fill in around those areas. I agree that Sexton is a bit if a wild card but this is a contract year for him and last season was his worst by far in the majors so I expect him to improve on those numbers. Beltre is gold glove material at 3rd and has delivered pretty respectable numbers the last two years. Right now we don't know who will start in RF and my guess is that it will be a platoon situation between Wilkerson and someone TBD. Wilkerson cannot be allowed to play everyday along side Sexton in the lineup as that is just too many strike outs waiting to happen. Ibanez will be the starter in LF and while he isn't a greyhound out there, he is a very steady defender who doesn't make many mistakes. I think that 100 games is a bit optimistic but optimism is a great thing in late winter and early spring. I think 92-95 games wins the west. I have two key performers for this season. The first is pretty obvious, Sexton has to be a meaningful contributor this season. He needs to hit .265 with 35 home runs and 120 RBI's. The other is Jose Lopez has got to have a decent year at the plate. If he struggles again this season, McClaren will be screaming right into the ear hole on his batting helmet.

I like that Cleveland bet. I'm not too sure about the Brewers though. Good call on the Rocks last season, you were the only one seeing that coming.

·
Registered
240 Posts
We have too many backups on the Mariner's roster. Vidro, Wilkerson, Morse, Bloomquist, Cairo, Burke, etc.

I like the fact that the M's spent money in the offseason but it needs to be spent on starters, not backups. The M's backups should be coming from Tacoma, not free agency.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts