Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a bear at the house this morning! We live at the top of Seattle HIll in Snohomish -- not the sticks by any means, but there is a large native growth area adjacent to our property. As I walked out the door for work, there it was rummaging through the trash. After he saw me he lasily moved about 50 yards from the house with a bag of trash, sat there and had breakfast. He was still there when I left for work. So cool! I hope (s)he returns. Tup:

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Re: Bear Sighting!

Yikes! You may want to move your trash.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Bear Sighting!

spareoar said:
Now someone else will see it , report it, and it will be tranquilized and relocated. Tdown:
Actually one of the builders saw it and called it in. It should be moved, as much as I hate to see it go. There's only about 80 acres of forage here.

·
Banned
733 Posts
gator_79 said:
This may be a dumb question but...Shouldn't bears be in hibernation right now?
Ha ha i didnt think of that tell now but i dont think its a dumb question.
Omar

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
uwhuskytb said:
Fluff do you live near Seattle hill road where it washed out??? If so any news on when that is going to be fixed???
Yep, I live right off 60th, exactly where the road is closed. I haven't heard any updates on the time frame since the week of the storm when they said 4-5 weeks. It sucks.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big O said:
gator_79 said:
Omar
As a metter of fact, the WDFW said they are not planning to trap this bear because they expect it to hibernate soon. So I won't be taking the trash out after dark without my dog anytime soon!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Fluffhead said:
Big O said:
gator_79 said:
Omar
As a metter of fact, the WDFW said they are not planning to trap this bear because they expect it to hibernate soon. So I won't be taking the trash out after dark without my dog anytime soon!
Hmmm... i could be wrong, however i didn't think bears HAD to hibernate... If they do someone needs to tell all those low elevation bears over on the OP... conf:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I would be very careful of him. We had one that was getting into our trash 2-3 times a week. One night it killed our neighbors Lamb. He called the WDFW and then went out and got a bear license. Then a day or two later killed it 10 feet from his porch. The bear was so bold it would stand at his sliding glass door rattling the door trying to get in while he was in the room!

The wardens came out to check the kill and said it was the same bear that had killed 2 dogs a week or two earlier and they were glad it was eliminated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts