Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry, I don't usually give complete jerkoffs free airtime but this threesome is just hilarious. Don Fehr is thinking of using the union to investigate possible collusion against someone who is not even a member of the Players Association. Jeff Borris is trying to keep feeding his family off this dead horse. Promoting an adulterating, Lying cheating, womanizer, demanding $15 Million as someone who "would be a box-office draw for a team with slow ticket sales." And Barry? As I said he's done, forked, end of the line and Adios. This guy wouldn't sell hot dogs in my stadium.

Union to examine why Bonds has no offers
By RONALD BLUM, AP Baseball Writer
Tue Mar 18, 9:38 PM ET

The lack of offers to Barry Bonds will be examined by the baseball players' association as part of its annual review of the free-agent market. Less than two weeks before opening day, the 43-year-old home run king remains unsigned.

"He's in playing shape right now. He just hasn't hit off live pitching," Bonds' agent, Jeff Borris, said Tuesday. "I've had conversations with Barry. It would probably take him about two weeks to get ready."

Bonds was indicted in November on four counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice, charges stemming from 2003 grand jury testimony in which he denied knowingly using illegal performance-enhancing drugs. The seven-time NL MVP pleaded not guilty.

Tampa Bay acknowledged last month that it had internal discussions about the prospect of pursuing Bonds. St. Louis manager Tony La Russa had interest in Bonds but Cardinals management decided against opening talks.

Borris said Bonds was working out in the Los Angeles area. He wouldn't comment on the status of any negotiations.

"He wants to play," Borris said.

After speaking with the Los Angeles Angels during his annual tour of spring-training camps, union head Donald Fehr said his staff will examine possible collusion against Bonds and others.

"We always look at the free-agent markets every year and make judgments about them, and if we come to the conclusion with respect to any player that there's a matter worth pursuing, we'll pursue it," he said. "But I'm not going to make any suggestions or accusations unless and until we come to that conclusion."

Fehr wouldn't say whether he found it troublesome that no team has publicly said it wants Bonds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,688 Posts
Fehr and his boys are the biggest bunch of legal thugs there are. If the owners cry because guaranteed contracts hurt them the MLBPA says"so what, no one made you pay the guy that much". So when owners actually exercise some spending restraint then the MLBPA rolls out the collusion charges. MLB should just break the union, roll the dice with Congress and their anti trust, and go down to the Dominican Republic, Central America and drop flyers all over Cuba saying come play. 5 years the talent would be right back where it is today and no union to deal with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I DO AGREE with you, DBA.
Selig got his $14.5 Million payday so he isn't too concerned about fehr or the game. The commisioners office has been truly pussified. Kennesaw Mountain Landis is waiting to BAN Selig from the other side. OH,for those who don't know kennesaw was the First Baseball Comissioner, yes a bigot and a bully but he had balls!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,688 Posts
Kennesaw Mountain Landis is mostly famous for banning Shoeless Joe Jackson during the Black Sox scandal. While agree that Selig is a puss, it would be the owners who would have to band together and break the union. They obviously won't do it but it's my fantasy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,717 Posts
Someone explain to me what the Players Association is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
I love Barry! He used to freaquent one of my stores in San Carlos CA> He may be rude to newspeople but he was a doll to our cutomers. Alot more then some others like Joe Montana, Jim Plunkett as well as other squeky clean guys who shopped in this store.

I could care less if he took roids. Were not against the rules. I do with he would have come clean like Pettite and others. But I love him, Clemens and all the baseball greats. He even without roids is an awesome player. LOVE HIM! If he was on your team you would have too. Hope a American league team picks him up for DH to get him that deserved ring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,688 Posts
I think that the return a club would get is definitely negated by all the constant media attention not to mention that the IRS is still after him too. HE has some very serious legal issues and when coupled with who his agent is, I think teams have just decided to pass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,986 Posts
Iceshark said:
I love Barry! He used to freaquent one of my stores in San Carlos CA> He may be rude to newspeople but he was a doll to our cutomers. Alot more then some others like Joe Montana, Jim Plunkett as well as other squeky clean guys who shopped in this store.

I could care less if he took roids. Were not against the rules. I do with he would have come clean like Pettite and others. But I love him, Clemens and all the baseball greats. He even without roids is an awesome player. LOVE HIM! If he was on your team you would have too. Hope a American league team picks him up for DH to get him that deserved ring.
While I respect your opinion Ice.. For the life of me , I cant find any reason in my mind how or what i would like about this guy. If he was nice to your customers great, but even the NY funeral diractors were nice to they're customers... just before they sold their dead family members organs without permission. That guy is a whack job. IMO he doesn't deserve a ring.. he deserves a set of shackles.

Rook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
The_Rook said:
Iceshark said:
I love Barry! He used to freaquent one of my stores in San Carlos CA> He may be rude to newspeople but he was a doll to our cutomers. Alot more then some others like Joe Montana, Jim Plunkett as well as other squeky clean guys who shopped in this store.

I could care less if he took roids. Were not against the rules. I do with he would have come clean like Pettite and others. But I love him, Clemens and all the baseball greats. He even without roids is an awesome player. LOVE HIM! If he was on your team you would have too. Hope a American league team picks him up for DH to get him that deserved ring.
While I respect your opinion Ice.. For the life of me , I cant find any reason in my mind how or what i would like about this guy. If he was nice to your customers great, but even the NY funeral diractors were nice to they're customers... just before they sold their dead family members organs without permission. That guy is a whack job. IMO he doesn't deserve a ring.. he deserves a set of shackles.

Rook
Its all in the area. In the Bay area he is adored. Fans know the REAL Barry and he truly is a great person and player. I fault no player for taking advantage of trying to be the best. If we pretend half the players have not done or tried roids we would be fooling ourselfs. AND IT WAS NOT AGAINST THE RULES! Where he dug himself a hole as well as Clemans is just not owning up to it. Even without the roids he was one of the best players ever. Loved by some, Hated by lots. But most are fans of other teams.

Go to the Bay and you will get a very differing view on him from folks there. Just like if you asked Niner fans about Owens when he played there. He was loved and could do no wrong. Now he is hated.

I would call Owens more of a whack job. The only thing Barry did wrong was not tell the truth. He has to live with that. But he still was GREAT! And thankfully is the home run leader! I LOVE IT! But I also respect those who hate it....
I find no reason he or any players should do jail time. But that just me and I know I am in the minority.

LOVE THE GUY!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,986 Posts
I can see your feelings being a SF fan.. but ask most the M's fans how they feel about Alex Rodriguez. Its easy to waive the love em flag when he is swattin HR's for your team. If he was DH for the dodgers the last few years I bet your "love" for him would not be the same.

Rook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Barry is not done. As soon as teams like the Mariners find out they don't have any hitting Barry will have plenty of offers. The Mariners are going to find out they need more than pitching to win.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,688 Posts
No one will really pursue signing Bonds now as there is another perjury indictment announced today. He has his hands full between the these perjury charges and the IRS is on his tail as well. Not to mention that he is 43 years old now and still wants a payday of around $14 million per year. Thats a lot of cabbage to tie up on a DH.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
The_Rook said:
I can see your feelings being a SF fan.. but ask most the M's fans how they feel about Alex Rodriguez. Its easy to waive the love em flag when he is swattin HR's for your team. If he was DH for the dodgers the last few years I bet your "love" for him would not be the same.

Rook
Very true Rook. But fans love Jr. and he was the one they were mad at most when both left. But your right about if he was a dodger. I would hate him like most wink: I hate all dodgers. Thats why it was even hard to like players that were traded from the dodgers to the giants. Rivalrys do that kind of thing. All good points.

Oh and DB. I believe it was a gray area with regards to the law depending on the product being used. Growth was not classified as against the law at the time. Roids were. I dont know the ends and outs. Just heard them on the radio discussing it. The CLEAR was growth. But even now there are TONS of football players using it. It should be up to them if they get it by doctor. I think the rules are a bunch of hoo haw on roids. Let em do it if they want to ruin there life. Look what it did to Alzado, the Tuz and others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,688 Posts
Ice, according to the SF Chronicle reporters book, Bonds first took horse steroids prior to discovering the cream and the clear and he wasn't under a Dr's care, he got the stuff from Conte and it was dosed by Greg Anderson, neither of which were doctors. Now the roids aren't even an issue, the government has decided that they have him dead to rights on a couple of perjury charges, he has big problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
Ice, according to the SF Chronicle reporters book, Bonds first took horse steroids prior to discovering the cream and the clear. Now the roids aren't even an issue, the government has decided that they have him dead to rights on a couple of perjury charges, he has big problems.
Yea, he is in deep. I think the only thing to help him would be to admit perjury and go states evidence against the doctors. Still will get a year in fed lockup I think. Horst roids, man thats scary! nuke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
He doesn't have anyone to "give up". He was getting the stuff from Conte who has already done the dance with the Feds. Bonds is the bigger fish that was given up.
Guess if you play you pay. I was listening to the guys on Knbr radio tonight and they said there is really no evidence that can stick against him except for an old girlfriend?? and a maid??? They seem to think he will get out of it. What is your take?
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top