Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Found a set of bank sticks that are much lighter for you. Please send me your address in a PM and I will post them to you.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I made my own rod holders that work is sand, dirt or even solid rock like we have where I live. And when it is not in use it will fold over flat to take up less room in the garage.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
YFT83 has received the bank sticks today.

Hopefully he will post a picture of them.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Remember green or red butterflies to the front. Also about 3 to 4 foot between rods, whatever rests the rods comfortablely. Great for trout fishing on a lake, then you can rest the rod and just sit in a chair and watch your bobber or tip. If seated I like the back stick just behind me so that the reel is by my hand.

I aim to carry over another set in my luggage which I will leave behind for somebody else to enjoy.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
very cool Sir John!!! I got one of those at the trout fishing derby 2 years ago !!

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
FGK - Two ways to use just one bankstick.

First - bankstick in front of you and the butt end of the rod resting on the chair seat between your legs. Good for watching bobber.

Second - bankstick on the bank and your chair pointing towards it on he right or left of it. Same way rod on bankstick and butt resting on seat between your legs. Good for watching the tip end move to register a bite.

Now if you know the bites are going to be shy make yourself a bite indicator. Nothing more than a piece of aluminum on a stick painted black. Then paint some thin white lines on it from top to bottom. Point the tip of the rod at the aluminum and set it up so that you can see any movement of the tip. 4" x 4" should be big enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts