Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to respond to a post that I heard was made about a bad business deal involving myself. Looks like I'm too late as I don't see it posted here anywhere. Even so, I would like to make a statement.

I am the owner of a website that some of you have visited over the years. I recently was contacted by a gentleman via certified mail about a fishing trip we had planned but I was unable to fulfill. He was demanding a refund. I immediatley wrote back to him and indicated I would send him a full refund plus an additional $25.00 for the inconvenience(which I don't feel was required, but felt would help makes amends) by the end of February. A check for the full amount promised has indeed been sent to him, and if he informs me that it hasn't been received in a reasonable timeframe, I will personally drive to his residence with cash in hand to be certain he has been properly compensated.

For those of you that know me I am certain that you can vouch for my integrity, and I was informed that a few of you had indeed supported me in replies to the original post. For this I thank you. As for an explanation, I'm not sure one is warranted, nor do I think this gentleman would care, so let's just say I have been dealing with a personal crisis which has resulted in many negative consequences for me and my family. One of which has been that my website has been offline temporarily. I am hoping to have things back up and running soon, in the meantime if you want to get ahold of me, feel free to contact me via PM me here or send me an email. Hope to see some of you on the water this spring.

By the way Bruce, I like the new look of the forum. I'll have to stop by more often. Tup:

Brian McArthur

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
That's a standup response and I hope you and your family will be ok. When you do get your site up again please let me know as I would be interested in booking a trip. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Brian,
I'm glad you had the chance to speak up for yourself here. I don't know what kind of issues you were dealing with in your personal life but I know that when my wife was in critical condition I could not have cared less about anything but her hell I even forgot to pay bills and frankly did not give a crap.

I wish you luck with your personal issues and appreciate your integrity.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Godspeed Brian to you and yours......Aren't people amazing?!?!?
Your a stand up guy, I hope all works out for you and your family. Prayers sent buddy.....

Paul

·
Registered
204 Posts
Brian,

Good luck to you and you family. You need any help feel free to call.

Don

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I never expected anything less out of you Brian. I have only seen and heard good things about you until that post. I hope everything is getting better man.

Clay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind words fellas! This was simply poor communication on my part when things went south on this trip. In hindsight, I surely could have done a better job of taking care of this issue before it showed up here. Anyway, things on the personal front are looking up and I am really looking forward to getting back to some fishing soon.

When you do get your site up again please let me know as I would be interested in booking a trip
RVW, I don't think I'm going to do any more of these trips. I already have a full time job and just don't have time for all of the BS that goes along with trying to coordinate these type of trips. Kudos to all the full time guides out there, I don't know how you do it day in and day out. I always told myself that when I began to lose the enjoyment of fishing I would quit doing these trips. I think I've reached that point. Now if you just want to try to get together for a day on the water, I'd be all for that.

Brian

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Brian McArthur said:
Thanks for the kind words fellas! This was simply poor communication on my part when things went south on this trip. In hindsight, I surely could have done a better job of taking care of this issue before it showed up here. Anyway, things on the personal front are looking up and I am really looking forward to getting back to some fishing soon.

When you do get your site up again please let me know as I would be interested in booking a trip
RVW, I don't think I'm going to do any more of these trips. I already have a full time job and just don't have time for all of the BS that goes along with trying to coordinate these type of trips. Kudos to all the full time guides out there, I don't know how you do it day in and day out. I always told myself that when I began to lose the enjoyment of fishing I would quit doing these trips. I think I've reached that point. Now if you just want to try to get together for a day on the water, I'd be all for that.

Brian
Brian,

Take a break, kick back, go fish for a while. Sometimes we just just need a little time. It's a tough deal especially when there's other things involved outside our little fishing world. The countless hours of prep, emails, phone calls, PR Should I mention the pressure to produce day in and day out as well as trying to find time to sleep. :lol: What about the major things in our lives like our families that often get neglected through the countless hours of trying to stay on our game. A balancing act that at times seems almost impossible to achieve.

This stuff can take a toll on a guy pretty damn fast. But it's amazing what a nice break can do for a guy.

Fishin needs to be fun and I'd bet your passion for teaching people how catch fish will sometime be part of that fun again.

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
Before anyone jumps my case about the other thread being deleted. The member who originated that thread deleted it himself. There is no conspiracy. :geek:

Brian I don't don't know what has transpired and frankly it is none of my business. I just hope that everything works out for the best. Tup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think it was very classy of you to come out with your side and also admit that it was not just one sided. I like that you take responsibility for poor communication that is a tough one to admit. I also think that the request for $25.00 is absurd hopefully that will be sent back since you took care of this openly and what seems to be honestly. I hope things work out for you I couldn't imagine fishing not being fun anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also think that the request for $25.00 is absurd hopefully that will be sent back since you took care of this openly and what seems to be honestly.
Just to clarify, the extra $25 wasn't requested by this guy, it was just something I offered up to square things up with him. I don't want anyone to think he was demanding that I add this to the refund. Anyway, this episode is over and I'm looking forward to taking a break from things like Phil mentioned. See on on the water! :lol:

·
Registered
794 Posts
It's good to hear things are turning for the better, Brian. Tup:

Take some time to kick back and relax. Hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hey Brian I have not been fishing for awhile so I haven't been checking the sites to much. Sorry to hear about the site i hope you get it straight soon. great place for info also. Better yet I hope you and your fam can get your personal problems solved. Good luck
Paul

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Brian glad to here things are goning better for you!! And you spoke up .... hope this is all over now and if theres any thing I can do for ya give me a holler .... I have always suported your site !! If you decide not to get it goinging again .. I hope you will find a home here !!! Again call me if you need anything Tup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
You have class and integrity, maybe the guy should have have waited a little longer but oh well. You gentleman that guide have a heck of a job at doing what you love, my hats off to you all, with much respesct Dozer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts