Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch it last night? Seems ok. Might grow on me, like Ice Road Truckers did, but for now, it was just average, in my opinion. I'm not sure how monay episodes I can take of people getting injured. Kind of gets old, after a bit. They did an ok job of making that job look dangerous, but its still not up there in the pucker factor as hearing ice crack underneath a 10000lbs truck, nor is it anywhere near seeing a 50 foot wave crash into the side of a boat. I'll definitely keep watching, though.

·
Registered
946 Posts
madcapmag said:
They did an ok job of making that job look dangerous, but its still not up there in the pucker factor as hearing ice crack underneath a 10000lbs truck, nor is it anywhere near seeing a 50 foot wave crash into the side of a boat..
I can understand what your saying if you don't know much about logging. Every outside job has some sort of danger to it, with logging having way more than most.
I'm no expert on logging but the 6 year's I spent in the logging and land clearing business I can say if you don't pay attention all the time you ARE gonna get hurt, or worse killed.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I agree with you, logging is dangerous work. I almost got killed chopping down a tree once. But for pure entertainment value, we'll have to see!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I watched it up until my Lunesta kicked in (then it was lights out.) Seems interesting. I'll probably follow it.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Missed the show but will catch it later. It just might be one of the most dangerous jobs out there....Other than Guiding for Salmon and Steelhead of course.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I seen the previews and wanted to watch it. I was wondering if it was any good. I think it is gonna be on on demand.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
My dad did it when I was a baby. He told me that the bite broke loose while he was in a spot he wasn't to be in, and said the cable kissed him in the knee when it became taunght. He learned his lesson.

·
Banned
661 Posts
I thought it was a good show. Laughed my a$$ off at the one owner's son being all harda$$ about how the East Coast folks depict the people in his profession as Lumberjacks. Those guys are something else for sure. Wonder how many fights at the bar start by some minor slight by someone not in their clique?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Being from Buckley, I have known quite a number of timber cutters, loggers, and log truck drivers. Don't ever get those descriptions mixed up. Guys who work on the riggin also want to be noted for what they do. From the top is the riggin slinger, hook tender, choker man, chaser, and equipment operators. My brother worked on the riggin all the way up from choker setter to riggin slinger for 18 years then was a timber cutter for 10 years. Most guys who work the riggin have nothing but disdain for chasers, equipment operators, and worst of all truck drivers. They don't think they work hard enough.
After 28 years of working for others and owning his own cutting outfit, he wised up after being hurt multiple times and got tired of putting his life in danger cutting and found another job.
This show makes me kind of laugh how they spend so much time on the landing, it's because it's safer there.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Metal Slave said:
Wonder how many fights at the bar start by some minor slight by someone not in their clique?
The hard working, good loggers are at home with their families and getting to bed on time. It's usually the job hopping culls that are hanging out fighting at the bars after they just got canned.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
CommanderX said:
Metal Slave said:
Wonder how many fights at the bar start by some minor slight by someone not in their clique?
The hard working, good loggers are at home with their families and getting to bed on time. It's usually the job hopping culls that are hanging out fighting at the bars after they just got canned.
You are totally right on that one CX. Tup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts