Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be heading down to argentina (Buenos Aires) most likely the 20th of this month to meet my dads side of the family for the first time. I have always heard of great fishing down there. I know they have good brown trout fishing down there and also golden durado. If I am going to pay a grand for a plaine ticket I am definatly going to want to be targeting some fish down there. If any one on here has ever done any fishing down there or know of any one that has I would really be interested in some info because right now i dont have anything. Thanks in advance Tup:
Omar

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i dont have any specifics for ya but I know argentina has some BIG fish. You are already spending a grand so going on a charter might not be an option(although they may be cheap compared to our standards) but they might be the right people to contact to ask questions on where to fish

·
Registered
210 Posts
I hear you can even catch steelies in one of the rivers.

"The unique and special thing about rio Santa Cruz is the fact that between 1906-1909 steelhead rainbow trout from California’s McCloud river were transplanted and forgotten about by unknown and unsung pioneers. The result of this is nothing short of a modern phenomenon, a huge and self-sustaining run of Atlantic steelhead trout in a waterway lightly touched by the hand of man."

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
steelspanker said:

"The unique and special thing about rio Santa Cruz is the fact that between 1906-1909 steelhead rainbow trout from California’s McCloud river were transplanted and forgotten about by unknown and unsung pioneers. The result of this is nothing short of a modern phenomenon, a huge and self-sustaining run of Atlantic steelhead trout in a waterway lightly touched by the hand of man."
That is crazy, i would love to see that Tup:

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
steelspanker said:

Ya they do have a steelhead run down there. But the thing is to fish it and higher a guide is way out of my league pricing wise. I would love to catch one out of that massive river though Tup: I guess I'll just concentrate my efforts on dorado on the ibera marsh lands. Hopefully it all works out and I'll be able to post some pics with a report for you guys. I'll be leaving the 24th of this month.
Omar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts