Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how the fishing is up there, and whats running? going up there for the weekend and was going to be fishing off the beach.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Fishing has been good on the guemus side of the channel. Not sure about off the beach. Always the chance of putting on a BM from the beach but.... best bet would be on a boat.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Me and my crew stopped on he way home last Sunday (from the Roche Harbor Derby) to fish Guemes Channel. We fished about three hours ... had eight chances and put three fin-clipped fish in the boat to nine pounds . We were fishing right on the deck in 50 to 70 feet of water towing hardware. Coho Killers, 3" Kingfishers, and Coyote Spoons in your favorite colors should produce.

Some local anglers have seen limits while fishing plug-cut Herring. I don't know about fishing from the beach, but by boat, it's a short run from Twin Bridges Marina. Fish the best part of the ebb around the tide change(s) and you should be rewarded.

Start at the Northeast end of the Channel (East Point) and fish West and South. Look for the other boats in the area - look at how they are fishing and do the same.

Good Luck,

Jay

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
A Child of Sekiu said:
When you say Guemus side of the channel, where are you referring too. If I launched under the twin bridges on Hiway 20, could I get there?
If you were to launch it would be faster to launch at the Washington Park as its a shorter ride ver. Good luck and let us know how you did Tup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tdown: well no fish for us at Guemus island on sat. but we had some good food, good beer, and some kick a** people out there Tup: . we were just fishing from the bank with some white darts, i dont think the water was deep enough. still we had fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts