Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little clarification on the regs for this area as I never fish it.

Is the derby fin clipped? Looks like the regs say that it is NOT selective.

Second, can you use barbed hooks? I only ask because during all of the dates listed in regs, Mar 1- Apr 15 doesn't specifically list single point barbless.

Thanks for any help. I now absolutely nothing about the regs in this area, and trying to interperet that map with all the lines just gave me a headache.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Non-selective. All barbless for salmon in Puget Sound, all the time. But personally, I would call DFW and ask rather than relying on the folks from this board. I have seen numerous incorrect interpretations of the rules.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Regs state one fish per day ... non-selective (clipped or un-clipped). One line - two barbless hooks (trebles OK)- March 1st through April 15th.

Also note that all of MA7 is open for Salmon during that time.

By all means - please double check WDFW reg's for MA7.

Jay

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
yelloweye said:
Non-selective. All barbless for salmon in Puget Sound, all the time. But personally, I would call DFW and ask rather than relying on the folks from this board. I have seen numerous incorrect interpretations of the rules.
I don't see anything wrong with asking the board this question. This isn't a bad place to start.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured you guys would know.

It must just mean trebles aren't allowed when they specify single point barbless????

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
tictactug said:
I figured you guys would know.

It must just mean trebles aren't allowed when they specify single point barbless????
you can never use trebles in puget sound or the ocean, or the rivers(unless your a snagger) and your hooks must always be barbless.

·
Registered
357 Posts
In a non-selective fishery multiple point hooks are allowed (ie; double, treble ect). In a selective fishery (one that requires the release of wild fish) only single hooks can be used and hooks must be barbless either way. I have no idea who comes up with these regs :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts