Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to miss work and jumped at it. Had a great morning on the water with CC23 on his 23 foot Cape Cruiser. A very fine vessel. We had good weather, and fished a few hours at 3 Tree Point and then finished the morning at Dolphin. No salmon caught. Saw a couple other boats and didn't see any action from them either. Thanks, CC, for a great morning on the water. Tup:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thanks for the report. I was thinking about heading up there, since there are no fish around Pt. D. I thought maybe they were up there. Apparently the BM have fled the area. Guess I'll just get the yard in shape...

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I fished MA11 on monday. I stayed over along the Gig Harbor shorelilne.
We ended up with 3 shakers and one that was close to legal size that got off.

I also ended up pulling up a lost anchor and rope that got cauget in my DR cable.

All the action was right at the tide change. Didnt see a net out on any other boat either... Pretty slow!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes the fishing was a little slow but it was nice to be on the water. Trollking was great to fish with and I would recommend him to anyone when you have a open seat. Hope things get better out there for the derby. I thought it was a little weird that we didn't catch even one shaker.

·
Registered
615 Posts
CC23 said:
Yes the fishing was a little slow but it was nice to be on the water. Trollking was great to fish with and I would recommend him to anyone when you have a open seat. Hope things get better out there for the derby. I thought it was a little weird that we didn't catch even one shaker.
I fished hard on Saturday....I went everywhere....nothing, not even a shaker. I would guess that it was my most unsuccessful blackmouth trip in at least twenty plus efforts. When Area 10 was open, I could barely sit down before the rod started dancing. I never saw a net fly all day at Pt. D, Qtr.master or the Girl Scout camp on Saturday. It was dead, dead.....slow! I did dig the weather and being out on the water,

·
Registered
693 Posts
possesion sucked a fat one on sunday too...covered a lot of ground in 8 hours, three rods out and nada. marked a little bait between the cans but otherwise deadsville. mayfly and i had a relative up from oregon so we wanted to take him out on the north river. it was a nice day on the salt but not even a bump. if there were fish around we would have got a couple. makes me wonder about the gf derby...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts