Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waking up to no snow this morning was a green light to get the North River wet today. My son, sister, Crop duster, and I launched out of Shilshole today about 2 pm. There were only one to two foot wind waves so we droped the hammer and headed for Jeff Head. We got to are spot and started trolling north, there was only one other boat in site. while running a tomic plug and 2 flasher spoon combos the super trooper spoon goes off. Get the stinker to the boat and its a little under sized runt, back she goes. Fished for a bit longer with no fish or bait in sight so headed back to West Point to finish the day. Starting at the green can we drop two plugs and head south. It was looking like a bummer of a day as far as catching goes so we thought we would give it 30 mins as the sun sank behind the olympics. 10 mins into are troll the rod goes off, I dive to the back of the boat to make sure the fish is on. I tell my sister its her fish so she grabs the rod and the fight was on. She gets it to the boat and it was a 24'' stinkmouth, we called it a day.

NIce to talk to other gamefisher on the water today also, I know one of them got into a fish or two Tup:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Nice going Tup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad to see you guys ended up with a keeper! We released 1 shaker today and it quickly became a seal's dinner. Sneaky bastard was hiding under the boat and caught the fish about 5 feet below the boat.

We reeled this one in record time with lots of acrobatics! Nice to chat with you mayfly and cropduster. Nice boat! Maybe someday soon we'll be in the North River family!!

My girlfriend out fished me today with one at 24" ;).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Great report and awesome pics Tup: looks like your kid had a great time :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great pictures, I feel envious looking at all the nice fish and beutiful scenery.
One comment on safety - netting fish balancing on a bracket without lifejacket... what were ya thinking...

Great report, thanks!
Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts