Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw three cars three near the bride (east or west valley hwy) so I figured they must be fishing for steelies?

·
Registered
219 Posts
The river is pretty dead the Chum and Silver run is winding down and there doesn't seem to be many Steelies yet, I talked to a couple of guy's taking a boat out at the BMX park the other day and they had one Silver, they said that was the only fish they hit all the way down, the river is in great shape right now. :(

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
willie makeit said:
we caught 4 silvers, and lost one on saturday. caught 2 silvers on sunday.
Where were you on the Puyallup?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
the Puy opens on Aug 16th this year. two more weeks to hopefully catch a a little nookie! let the threads about snagging and flossing begin!

Bobby

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Bobarino said:
the Puy opens on Aug 16th this year. two more weeks to hopefully catch a a little nookie! let the threads about snagging and flossing begin!

Bobby
HA i will gladly wait another 2 or 3 months before those start :lol:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
true, Mike but if you see anyone down there fishing for "trout or other game fish" they are full of you-know-what. there really isn't any "trout or other game fish" to be had from July 1 'til the Kings start showing up. there isn't a summer run of anything in that river in significant numbers to justify fishing for them. they're just targeting early kings, which is a no-no.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
This is very true. I lived on that river and it is sad what has happened to it. The Puyallup used to be a good steelhead river.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bobarino said:
true, Mike but if you see anyone down there fishing for "trout or other game fish" they are full of you-know-what. there really isn't any "trout or other game fish" to be had from July 1 'til the Kings start showing up. there isn't a summer run of anything in that river in significant numbers to justify fishing for them. they're just targeting early kings, which is a no-no.

Bobby
Actually thats not entirely true the Puyallup still has a fair population of sea run cutthroat that begin entering the river in late July and continue to filter in thru the end of the season in Feb.

I haven't fished for them much in recent years during the summer months but they can still be caught if you are willing plunk a big juicy nightcrawler in that muddy water, like all fishing it a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts