Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was debating on the Pro-Cure anise/krill scent and the kokanee DNA today at Sportco. Anyone had any good experiences with the DNA?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I have read very good things about it but haven’t tried any myself.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I've used it and have a little in stock. Works great! Fish seem to like it too. I've tried a few different flavors and caught fish on everyone I've tried. Tup:

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
I've used it and have a little in stock. Works great! Fish seem to like it too. I've tried a few different flavors and caught fish on everyone I've tried. Tup:
Sweet, all i need to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I have only fished Kokanee once. I was with a friend who knows what he's doing. He said that the Kokanee DNA works great. We used it that day and hooked several kokes. I think we used it on both rods, so I can't say if it worked better than without. I can say it worked!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I had good luck with the Kokanee scent last summer fishing for Trout and Kokanee also used the Salmon scent for Pinks this year and out fished my buddy 2 to 1 till I let him use some.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I use it all the time, the4 Kokanee scent works great for Kokanee and other fish, I have even found that one of them works great for salmon, but isn't the salmon one it is weird but i have had a lot of success using the Shad D.N.A for salmon, I don't know what it is but they love it Tup:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
I use the Kokanee and the Salmon scent religously and I can tell you they both kick butt Tup:

I was never a believer in these types of things but after using the Salmon scent on my spoon last year and having it out fish Juniors 3-1 on same lure, depth I believe now. The kokanee is a no brainer....lake stevens kokes quiver when they hear we're coming :D

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
YES I HAVE!!!! It's all I used last year for kokanee. I also used it for shad and caught 2 to my friends 1 :D

Plus it's a gel, so it stays on langer too. I will be useing it this year too,

plus Dick is the man clap:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I never noticed if it made the bite better, As with most scents out there, The attractant turns my hoochies to hard rubber, thus ruining the action, Still looking for a scent that wont do that. The lure that really helped my catching improve was a coho killer in green/white glow, caught a good amount on that lure,coho and kings alike.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Try this berkley boy. Put the scent on the swivel, the hooks or the weight, not on the hoochie.

I never put scent of any plastic lures as they can either melt or harden. And I am told that because the DNA is a gel it will stick to the metal a long time.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i love this salmon/steelie scent. It has done very well for me. I dont use sent normally, but if i do its the only one i use. Doesn't taste that bad either wink: clown: or thats what the last coho of the season told me atleast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts