Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing good at any of the local pierce county to snohomish county lakes. I bought a nice 12' boat and want to try out the motors tommorow as i have the day off. Any advice is appreciated. Thinking i may just haul it up to lake stevens as i hear folks are doing good there

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
MallardAddict said:
Anyone doing good at any of the local pierce county to snohomish county lakes. I bought a nice 12' boat and want to try out the motors tommorow as i have the day off. Any advice is appreciated. Thinking i may just haul it up to lake stevens as i hear folks are doing good there
Sawyer Lake was recently stocked if i remember correctly. That's out Black Diamond way.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Fished Rufus last weekend, few fish in there. Jigs are where its at. Black, Olive, Brown, Purple with some Pink, they all did the trick!

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
The local lakes are starting to pump out some nice hold overs, I have been fishing the lakes a lot lately because trout are my all around fish to go for, if you want names PM me and I will spill the beans Tup:

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
volynsky said:
powder said:
Sawyer Lake was recently stocked if i remember correctly. That's out Black Diamond way.
I don't see any recent stockings reported on Sawyer on the WDFW web page?
Yeah, i was wrong. My apologies. I just remembered some thread where someone was talking about Lake Sawyer and i thought i read that but then checked the site to see when they stock it and realized it. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Fished Washington last Tuesday, (01-22-08) in about 50' of water. I also caught my first bass of the year and first bass on a jig and trailer, but my beyond frozen hands couldn't seal the deal. Arrrrghh!! :evil:

My buddy was able to land a beautiful 4lb 10 oz smallie though.

·
Banned
661 Posts
islandbass said:
Fished Washington last Tuesday, (01-22-08) in about 50' of water. I also caught my first bass of the year and first bass on a jig and trailer, but my beyond frozen hands couldn't seal the deal. Arrrrghh!! :evil:

So technically you didn't catch anything but frostbite? Momentarily hooked maybe? All good though, just a little ribbin here. Spring is almost here. :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
good thing I checked the update on Lake Sawyer, I was about 10 minutes from heading there when I decided to double check this forum.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Metal Slave said:
islandbass said:

So technically you didn't catch anything but frostbite? Momentarily hooked maybe? All good though, just a little ribbin here. Spring is almost here. :lol:
Yeah! I caught frostbite. :lol: My hook set was as good as can be, but I could barely hold my rod with my right hand and my left hand could hardly crank such that even a lethargic smallie was able to get away. :lol: I made two handed casts to ensure that I didn't accidentally throw my rig into the drink. :lol: :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts