Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
of course.....jut got off at 7 this morning. and I gotta go in at 7 again tonight to do it again.
This is the first year in a long time I worked both X-mas eve and X-mas night.
Just checked my schedule and I see I work New years eve and fourth of July also.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
gordygroover said:
of course.....jut got off at 7 this morning. and I gotta go in at 7 again tonight to do it again.
This is the first year in a long time I worked both X-mas eve and X-mas night.
Just checked my schedule and I see I work New years eve and fourth of July also.
What did you pizz the boss off for ? :lol: While at least you know in advance I never know till the night before if I'm working or not makes it real difficult to make any plans unless I put in for vacation time in advance

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
sorry to hear about the guys that dont get the holiday ,but you know, theres people out there that are glad you are working.like the quill man , keeping the dams and the water run safe,billy, helpin out stranded folks and gordy, sorry man,dont know what you do,fishinmikes wife,but my hats off to all you guys that work durring the holidays,the police,the medics,the firemen,the hospital staff,the wreckers, the stores that just had to be open today,and last,but the most important ones ,are the guys in harm way ,may they make it back safe and sound.,so some where along the line, i hope that all of you find the time, to spend with loves ones and enjoy a late but very merry christmas. from us to you, mic and deb

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I have done my fair share of working Christmas Day, even worked Christmas Eve finishing at 7 a.m. and then going back in for the afternoon shift starting at 3 p.m.

Now I just sit here by myself, a first for me. So along wth the workers please remember also those who have spent Christmas alone. I did have a proper dinner and got to open some presents. Also phoned an old lady who is also spending her Christmas alone.

It is at this time of year that folk get to thank the workers for their loyalty and also say a big Thank You for doing a services that make life much more bearable. What Mics wrote has got it spot on. Tup:

·
Registered
975 Posts
For once I did not have to work. Seems like the past couple of years we have had major power outages on Christmas. Lets hope it stays this way today!!!. Merry Christmas to all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts