Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I bought the cut plugs the first time I saw them. I didnt try them right away, but when I did they worked. A few years ago I was in Kodiak, and went to a tent sale at Macks, and they had the double packs for like 2.50. They were rediciously cheap. I bought more. The same year i was at the mouth of a crick up in douch harbor catching silvers, chum, and humpies casting spinners, and thought I would try something different so I put a cut plug on just to see what would happen...kind of a goofy way to use those things, but caught fish after fish just casting those.

Good vidio..thx

·
2,222 Posts
So there is a snap swivel on the main line that is rigged as a slider. There was never mention or video of what they connected to this?

The main line goes to the flasher, then the bait.

I am assuming this snap swivel is connected to a weight to get the bait deeper, just a gap in the video that never addresses this sliding snap after showing it.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Great video. Gotta get some of the oringinal plugs. Dont think ive ever seen those before.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Great video. We use cut plug super baits on other rivers and do very well on silvers, kings and chums. We rig them the exact same way except use a jet diver either a 10 or 20 on a 4in dropper and a single big river bait on the business end.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Great video! Very well explained instructional video that Brad's company badly needed. Those Brad's super baits are stupid! It's flat stupid how easy they are to run and how well they work.

Super baits are taking over the Columbia!

·
Registered
29 Posts
fished that set-up last sunday outside the port of kalama and was the only hook up we had all day... lots of marks on the finder, and threw everything at them but TNT!!! next trip it will be deployed again! hopefully i get the hooks to stick this time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts