Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a soccer party and mid-day the sound around Kingston looked like a mirror. Did anybody get out?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I wasn't out today but was out Thursday. It was as flat as I've ver seen it. Just like a mirror. We fished area 8.2. Started at Langley and trolled north to the Baby Island / Holmes Harbor area. We had a huge takedown about a 1/2 mile north of Langley that didn't hook up. It hit so hard the downrigger boom bounced. I'll never understand how they miss the hooks when they hit that hard. We marked little pockets of bait here and there from the time we started up to Baby Island. No keepers but four 18-20 inchers. Then when we got to the bar north of Baby and rounded towards Holmes Harbor, we found tons of bait and marked fish on the bottom and suspended. Picked up a couple of 21 1/2 inchers until we hit a fat 11 pound hatchery about 1:00. No other strikes after that despite all the bait. When my buddy cleaned his fish, he found three 6" herring in the stomach. The keeper hit a 4" Chartruse Coyote, green glow flasher, bounced right on the bottom.

Slabby

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fished Area 9 today. Water and weather were beautiful, fishing wasn't for me. Didn't mark any bait at PnP or Possession. Total ghost town. Didn't see anyone else hook up either. This time last year the bait was all over PnP. Not this year.

·
Registered
740 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts