any treager experts? | Gamefishin.com

any treager experts?

Discussion in 'The Camp Fire! General Discussions' started by crop duster, Jun 26, 2010.

1. crop duster

crop duster New Member

my lil tex wont get over 398 degrees. any advice?

2. Easy Limits

Easy Limits Moderator Staff Member

Mine tops out at about 425. Does it need a vacuuming?

3. bing

bing Active Member

clean it out,,,and if you have a digital thermostat,,,clean the temperature prode in the bbq

when you clean it,,be sure to vacuum the firepit and be sure all the air holes are clear

also,,,be sure you are using dry pellets. They will absorb moisture and lose their BTU's if left in the grill for a long time in moist air.

4. Down Yonder BBQ

Down Yonder BBQ New Member

This reply doesnt have anything to help ya out, but maybe you should throw away the Treager and just get a good ole wood pit.............lol

5. steelyden1

steelyden1 Active Member

that's all good advise except Brent's. :D I think the vaccuming is the most important issue with a Traeger. If the pellet cup is full of ash, it won't burn the new pellets evenly, and the air flow will be restricted. I clean out the cup replace the foil and vac the entire bbq once every 3 q's or so. Mine gets up to around 410 on high with no digital thermometer. Still, the best damn bbq, for everything except a good steak, which I still rely on the weber.