Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't make the rufus tilla, but I'll probably be heading down the week following.

Can someone help me out with a logistics question? My buddy my have his daughter(s) and I'll have my 8yr old son.

My son and I want to tent camp. They want to get a hotel.

Any suggestions? Is there a spot they can drop us off to tent camp while they go to somewhere not too far to sleep in a hotel\motel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Tent camp w/ little kids is not a great idea. There will be snow on the ground and temps can dip to the upper teens at night. That is not the kind of family outing that sounds fun to me. Oh and how can I forget about the nice eastern Wa wind.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
if you have a nice heater(something tent safe obviously) and some good sleeping bags I think you would be fine. Temps probably wont be as harsh as the teens but you never know. I am staying in a tent this weekend with a couple buddies so I will tell you if its doable. Its supposed to dip into the mid 20s this weekend! BRRR

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Tent camp at Coulee Playground and just run a couple electric heaters in the tent. We run a couple heaters in our dome tent,and it stays 60+ all night long.

Even when the temps dropped down into the low teens,the tent never got below 55 at night.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hunter P said:
Tent camp at Coulee Playground and just run a couple electric heaters in the tent. We run a couple heaters in our dome tent,and it stays 60+ all night long.

Even when the temps dropped down into the low teens,the tent never got below 55 at night.
and they have nice heated bathroom's with shower's Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Sounds like a plan.

We are set up well for winter camping. Last year we did Fish Lake ice fishing and tent camped with no electricity\heat. My boy loved it.

How far is it to rufus wooks? Looks about 45minute run?

·
Registered
946 Posts
[quote="Snoqualmiesteel"

How far is it to rufus wooks? Looks about 45minute run?[/quote]

Not that long....I'd say 20 minutes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts