Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
What are you complaining about. Did the Reps start a campaign to show how good Clinton was as the President or did they keep harping on about that stained dress. Oh I remember now it was that stained dress. :lol:

The first four years of George's reign were terrible and it not only the Dems who are saying it. The next three have not been much better.

Next you will be telling us that the surge in Iraq is all George's plan and Pet is just a pawn carrying out his wishes. :lol: Oh if that was only true then you could have something to shout about.

Come on, even the trip to the Middle East turned out to be a PR disaster. You must have loved seeing him waving that sword. Not to mention how he is going to solve the Israel / Palestine crisis.

I know it was George's plan to blow holes in the walls that freed the ordinary Gaza folk to get fuel/food and other essentials from Eygpt. Don't tell the Dems that news or they will laugh at you.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"What are you complaining about. Did the Reps start a campaign to show how good Clinton was as the President or did they keep harping on about that stained dress. Oh I remember now it was that stained dress"

two wrongs make a right? Another trait of the lib everything has to be equal.

1000's dead every month in central Africa and they want to spend 8.5 on that BS. almost as bad as the millions PETA spends every year to care for animals people do not want while millions of kids around the world are in worse shape. You have to wonder at the workings of the liberal mind clown:

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Sir John,

Have you spent as much time blogging against the United Nations going into the Congo as you have about the United States going into Iraq?
conf: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 24, 2008...1:08 am
UN ALLOWS 45,000 DEATHS PER MONTH IN CONGO :eek:

From the Associated Press: “Some 45,000 people die every month in Congo as the world’s deadliest humanitarian crisis has failed to improve despite five years of relative peace. An estimated 5.4 million Congolese died between ‘98 and 2007 because of conflict, most from the rampant disease and food shortages stemming from fighting. The study found that life is still alarmingly precarious for Congolese despite the end of the war in 2002. When war ended in Congo, there was same level of dysfunction without the violence.� Now, who’s running the Congo? Who’s there to make sure this doesn’t happen?

It’s the United Nations, light: folks, in little blue hats, the peacekeepers and so forth. The UN! They’re not doing their job. Maybe they are doing their job. Who knows what their intentions are? Well, the United Nations could be one of the most racist and anti-Semitic organizations on the planet as well. But whatever they’re doing or not doing, it is taking years to get Congo in shape after the fighting stopped. Now, isn’t it amazing you don’t read about this stuff in Iraq â€" and who’s taking care of things in Iraq? It’s the United States of America, particularly the United States military. 45,000 people a month are dying in Congo, and the UN is there to ensure that it doesn’t happen. wink:rogram of 30 years in doing pretty much the same thing except we planted in the headwork's area and behind Howard Hansen dam for years.[/color]

Todd said: I'd sure prefer to catch broodstock hatchery fish...they're bigger, bite better, fight better, and return over a broader range of time than the Chambers fish...but those benefits, like I said, come at the expense of removing wild fish from the system to do it, and on those other rivers you can actually go and fish for them.

I say this. I find this much preferable to traveling to the coast and killing wild fish through cnr mortalities in the same time period, which I know is endorsed and supported by some on this board.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
BB when this has raised its head I have spoken about it. I will state again what I think.

As there is no benefit to the Western countries there is no rush to sort out these arguements. Other Afiran Nations are also unwilling to stop the slaughter as they do not want these gangs to move into their territory.

I spoke out last year of the gangs turning up at the refugee camps and choosing women from the camp who they wanted to rape and then drive them away without anybody trying to stop them. Watched this happen on a TV news program, the soldiers who were supposed to be protecting them just turned a blind eye to the going on. They were from the AU force.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Once again the Reps are trying to change the subject when their beloved leader is under attack.

Hell I also think it is a lot of dosh to spend on a loser.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Its all on topic the original topic was about what a bunch of losers the liberals are. Every post here addresses that topic except your prattlings.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
No where in the first posting does it mention Africa and what is happening there.

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/p ... .Campaign/

I read the posting, did the Reps or did they just want to change the subject. Also none repeat none have backed George in his sword waving antics in the Middle East, even tho I have mentioned it more than once. Ssh SJ you should not mention this as it made the beloved one look like a fool. ;)

If you put articles on the web then you must expect a reply and not just whitewash. Your party spent much more money on the stained dress and the only thing you did not say was, "That you wished it was you who was having that done", bet there was a lot of Reps who went to sleep thinking about how that dress got stained.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Its about loser liberals and that topic id wide ranging. Now take you rteeeth out and suck down some jello old man wink:

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
sir john said:
No where in the first posting does it mention Africa and what is happening there.
That's just it SJ, we all know you oppose the United States going into Iraq---I was just wondering how you felt about the United Nations going into the Congo because FAR more have died (over 5 million) with a U.N. peace keeping force there than American military forces in Iraq.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.....I'm of the opinion that America is a force for good in the world Tup:

In a post 9/11/01 world with everything intelligence agencies from all over the world said about Saddam Hussein, his possession of WMD's and his historical demonstrated willingness to use them on men, women and children and with his support and reward of Islamic terrorism it was imperative we deposed him after he repeatidly refused to allow U.N. weapons inspectors unfettered access into his country.

Anyway, it must getting pretty late over there so toodle-pip Governor and I'll talk to you tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
The UN has failed in many countries, from Haiti to Europe and Africa. The security forces have sometimes not been up to the job. The same applies to your troops when they first went into Iraq. Rummy took over everything and his dirty mitts were all over the place. Do I blame him for everything that went wrong. Hell NO. Do I blame George for everything that went wrong over there. Hell No. Do I blame them for not thinking this one out thoroughly Hell Yes. Many mistakes were made in the first three years over there and there is no denying this. The change came about when Pet was appointed and he and his men formulated a different plan. Rummy was sacked, Dick was sent abroad whilst these plans were formulated and talked about. Then George gave them his nod whilst keeping Dick out of the loop. Some of you Reps think this old man is just down on America, I am not. I am down on plans that do not work and put you and me in bad eyes of the rest of the World. Pet's plan is working and you should all rejoice, if things work out well the majority of troops should be out by next year. Will this stop the rot and the hope of another Rep President. Not a cat in hells chance. Bush has failed America in a lot of ways and the sooner you admit it the sooner you can move on and regain power.

The UN is doing good work in distributing food aid to many countries but the troops are sometimes just a bunch of losers. Sticking a blue helmet on a poorly trained soldier does not make him a super hero. Some of the countries who sent troops are nothing better than banana republics. The Dutch troops who wore blue helmets in Europe were roundly hounded by their own people for letting innocent civilians be masacred. The general who led the troops was dismissed and a lot of soldiers found it hard to find a job once they returned to their country. The Dutch people were appalled at the way they acted.

The old man stays up late just to pester you Reps.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
sir john said:
. Do I blame them for not thinking this one out thoroughly Hell Yes. Many mistakes were made in the first three years over there and there is no denying this. The change came about when Pet was appointed

The UN is doing good work in distributing food aid .
Sir John,

Who appointed General Petraeus?

BTW--I'd like you name ANY ongoing large-scale military operation that went flawlessly or didn't require adjustments along the way. light:

With years of planning before the invasion Europe in WW ll the American tanks that landed at Normandy beach couldn't even break through the thick hedgerows of the French countryside and as a result many were pinned down and were killed by German sharp shooters . We didn't spend the next three years saying how dumb President Roosevelt was for not forseeing this. Americans improvise, adapt and overcome!!!--the GI's that knew how to weld saw the problem and fixed it on the fly by gerry-rigging the front of the tanks so they could mow down the hedgerows so troops could work their way in. clap:

The United States got her arse kicked regularly when we first entered WW ll--It's a good thing we didn't do the easy thing and just quit.....we learned along the way and adjusted accordingly or we would never have been able to land in and liberate Europe saving your arse from the Nazis. Tup:

Also, here's some info on how well the U.N. distributes food--it's interesting how the countries involved in the United Nations Oil-for-Food scam were the same ones who opposed to the United States invading Iraq and deposing Saddam (we killed their golden goose.) light:

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Intern ... bg1748.cfm :eek:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
George did, never said anything different.

You are harping on about food for oil again. They did not only supply food to Iraq. You ask me to post positive things and when I do you shoot me down, or so you think. I wonder if the other countries that have received food aid were also Saddam's supporters. Your farmers in the Mid-West would be in a bad way if they could not sell their spare grain to the UN and US Aid programs. But there again you are up in the PNW and that does not affect you.

Tell me BB have you posted anything on other pages of this site or are you just stuck in the Politics Show.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
sir john said:
Your farmers in the Mid-West would be in a bad way if they could not sell their spare grain to the UN and US Aid programs. But there again you are up in the PNW and that does not affect you.
SJ---We have many farmers in Washington.....ranchers too. Ever heard of Washington apples? It affects them the same as it does farmers in the midwest commodities bein' what they are and all....

Ya' know Clintons one world vision/economy, NAFTA, yada, yada has been a boom for the world markets at the same time folks here at home are hopin' for a family wage job. Those jobs are bein' shipped to India, etc. We're reapin' what the loony left has sown (pun intended) and blaming the wrong people. The war is costing us plenty but in the long run not nearly as much as NAFTA, and "globilizations' " export of American jobs. I am not defending Bush because he has had some major F---ups but I am saying the blame doesn't always fall at his feet. I know you can't see that because the middle is beyond the horizon for you :arrow: but I remember when the DOW started to tank when Clinton was in office (I also remember the fear he propogated about militias and guns) lot's of Americans died because of his ideology....the high tech bubble burst and Bush was saddled with the aftermath. I want him (Bush) gone because it's like a bad smelling bathroom.....it just don't go away no matter how much sweet stuff is released, the stench lingers. But a lot of politicians have crapped there and I don't think one in particular is responsible for the smell. In other words they (politicians on both sides) have stunk us up enough and unfortunately the new set of candidates don't have a shot of Febreeze between them.

At the end of the day the U.S is and has been a leader in helping to feed the world and then some.

The crap we are and will be engaged in for the next ???? years against Islamo murderin' scum is a tragedy because it distracts our attention from Africa where I think real progress CAN be made. Not by the U.S itself but by the collaborative work of careing nations.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
"Why would liberals want to spend good money re-fighting the battles they lost yesterday? Those backward-looking tactics didn't work in 2000 and 2004, and they won't work now.
Maybe because they are slow learners? clown:

"...an anti-Bush campaign, even one costing several million dollars, will likely be overshadowed by the presidential campaign. Most analysts expect hundreds of millions of dollars will be spent by the candidates and by outside groups this year."

"The 2008 election will be about the future and which candidate is best able to lead during a time of war and economic challenge."

:?: So who in their right mind would consider voting for Obama or Clinton? :roll:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
If I lived over there I would not vote for Hillary.

Bill is also hopeing she does not win because he will have to pay for all those stained dresses getting dry cleaned when she repays all those who have done her a good turn to get her into the WH. :lol:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Aw hell let's talk about something different. Iraq is tiresome. How about the Boer War Sj? The Brits were at their scintillating best in that expedition. lol. The Irregulars, Boers, kick the Brit butt in every engagement. The Brits never won a battle. I wonder how the current world media would handle those headlines. The Brits did win the war. Via sheer attrition of the Boer Irregulars need to plant a crop and feed their families. That process worked for the American Bluecoats in the Indian wars too. Kill their horses and make sure they cannot find food.
The Congo, the Sudan. genocide abetted by the UN. Flush the UN.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts