Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Don't use H&R Block.

They made a mistake that almost cost us $5000.

They didn't want to own up to the mistake,and didn't want to live up to their "mistake" guarantee. In the end they came clean and re-funded us the $5000.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
viperman said:
If you have a simple return try something easy like Turbo Tax.
I dont know how simple it will be. I have half is a w-2 and the rest is on a 1099. This is a first for me so I kinda want to have someone face to face do it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I did TurboTax for the first time this year. It was way easier than I thought. They walk you through everthing and have explanations for everything. I was done in under an hour and it would have been a lot quicker, but since it was my first time I took it slow and read a lot.

You can do your return before you pay for anything, that way if you really can't do it yourself, you can just quit and it doesn't cost you a dime.

It cost me $29.99 for the taxes and another $29.99 to get a quick return, 9 to 14 days. I'd hightly recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Do your own taxes and save the CPA money. Taxes aren't that hard...you just have to be very organized to make doing them yourself worthwhile. There are good programs available for personal and self employed situations.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Turbo tax is great for personal taxes but when you add in biz, rental properties, accelerated depreciation on capital equipment, it can be a mess...............used to use Turbo tax when I wasn't self employed, but it's all different now, and well worth having the 'stamp' of a CPA on the tax return.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts