Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Northriver Bayhawk, and I want to install an anchor roller on the bow. I also have a 15 foot smokercraft that has one of the Dierks rollers with jam cleat included, this has has worked well for me and and I am leaning that way for my Northriver. It is a prop boat, and will be mainly using the anchor for Lake Wa (I love the perch), the Snohomish when pinkys are running, and hopefully the occasional sturgeon trip to the Big C. My question is, is the Dierks the best way to go, or is there something better out there?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have the base plate that accepts the slug anchor rest and the Columbia rocker anchor rest. They both work great for keeping the anchor in ready position and from jumping around in transit and on the water. Those anchors can do alot of paint damage. But they can be real expensive for the solid aluminum pieces, mine was close to $350.
It also depends on the style of anchor you will be using, square fold-a-way, or the tubular solid rocker. There's different rests for different types.
Check out Motion Marines stuff, North River, or even Auburn Sports and Marine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a "Big Water" roller bracket and it's great! The other quality unit I've seen is from Miller Marine. I think both of these units come from Oregon and can be searched via google or whatever.
Good Luck.....
Beeeeee

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - I guess I need to figure out which type of anchor I am going to use the most and go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts