Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll be there with two of my cousins, can't wait!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Leaving Bellevue at 3pm on friday to get up there and get set up.

Anyone know if I can hop into the carpool lane, truck, camper and boat in tow. 2 people of course....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Going to leave Burlington Friday Morning try and drive straight through to Anacortes, launch and put some Feeesh in the box!
Bayliner 2352 called "Madather"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
by tictactug on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:09 pm

Anyone know if I can hop into the carpool lane, truck, camper and boat in tow. 2 people of course....

i'm sure you could just don't get caught :lol:
we are planning on getting there thursday and fishing friday

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
going up Friday to get in the water and get ready. Leaving Seattle around 2:30 pm.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i'll be there in my alumaweld friday night as well...unless crunch can get a ticket....then we'll be in his hewes searunner. will be camping in the pking lot in my eaglecap.
Greg

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I'll be there driving from... wait ill walk down the dock in the AM and get in the boat and start fishing. Tup: Might go out the few days before looking for the bait!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'll be there with the wife on Friday afternoon. I figure the weather can't be any worse than it was last year. Plus with the wife, if we hook into one she has a good chance of winning something. :D

We'll be in a green C-Dory called C-Dancer.

Peter

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not to hi-jack this thread - but I promised Trollking an answer to his question a while back (and thought this is the best place to do so).

RE trailer parking: I met with Port Staff today to see if they would waive trailer parking fees. They regretfully said they couldn't. They also indicated that they would probably have trouble collecting said fees do the the amount of activity expected.

The Port has been a huge supporter of the Derby - and their customer service skills are second to none. If asked to pay the $5.00 for overnight trailer parking - I would hope you would gladly do so. The launching and moorage are worth well over $100.00 for an average size trailerable boat ... making the cost of a ticket a pretty good bargain.

Again ... any questions or concerns - give me a shout.

Jay

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Dash,
thanks. Last year there were a bunch of lots with $10 signs right near the sling. Are those private? Are they $10 a night, and the port parking way way to the north of the marina is $5 a night, for car and trailer?

and I appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
126 Posts
TrollKing,

I don't know about the $10.00 deal. You will probably be able to park just South of the sling (across the street) in a 6 acre vacant lot called Parcel #1. We will have Derby Staff on the docks with handheld VHF radios. Derby volunteers will also be at the boat launch to help you with your slip assignment - and direct you to a parking lot. There is also another lot due West (across "R" Ave.) behind the McDonalds for trailer parking, and parking in the North Basin lot at the Marina.

With the number of boats expected - there will be some moored in the North Basin of the Marina, and along "A" Dock on the South Basin. The Port is assigning the closer slips to folks who reserved early (as it should be) - along with sponsor boats.

We'll try to make this as painless as possible. Free launching = long lines. I hope everyone shows some patience - and brings a festive attitude. Otherwise, it'll be a biatch.

Jay

·
Registered
992 Posts
meathook said:
by tictactug on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:09 pm

i'm sure you could just don't get caught :lol:
we are planning on getting there thursday and fishing friday
Big truck, tinted windows..... last year I got a little letter in the mail from the state that someone reported me in the carpool lane as a single passenger. Only problem, my son was in the back. I have witnesses. The people who saw us up at Sekiu that day, and you could ask the silver we caught, but he ended up on the BBQ that night.

I'm more curious because with camper/truck/trailer, I think I'm close to 14K lbs. I would meet the passenger limit, but I didn't know if the weight restriction was for commercial people only.

If you see this set up I'm in town....You may even hear it coming into town. Oldschool 7.3 idi diesel straight piped....with a load like that it's a wee bit loud....

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Gayle Force with two Everett Steelhead and Salmon Club members will be out there, hail us on channel 68.See you all out there............I'll be the one following Jay around.....hehe

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dave,

I won't be fishing ... so if you're following me around - I'll put you to work!

Just a note:

The Port will be launching boats until around 7:00 PM on Friday night ... and will be open for business at 5:00 AM Saturday morning. Those are not the normal business hours - but a special schedule for Derby contestants. I've also bee informed that if you want to launch earlier in the week (show your Derby ticket receipt) - the Port will offer free moorage to those going in early.

We'll have Derby volunteers at the hoist, and down on the docks (with radios) to help everyone with slip assignments and docking.

Jay

1 - 20 of 24 Posts