Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some information on fishing in the Anacortes area as I am considering fishing this derby this year. I have never fished this area before.

If I fish this derby I plan to scout fish the area the day before the derby starts.

It appears that the bulk of the fishing for this derby will be done in the San Juans, is this correct?

From the information on the derby's website, it appears that the marina is pretty nice, how about the launches and a place to leave my truck and trailer?

Any tips on good fishing spots in the areas? wink: wink: Any areas to avoid? conf: conf:

Good lodging and eats?

Any other Gamefisher's going to try their luck at this derby?

As of right now I don't have a fishing partner lined up for this derby, anybody looking for a ride maybe?

Thanks in advance for any replies. clap: clap: clap:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Here is the official website for the derby
http://www.anacortessalmonderby.com/index2.htm

lots of info and how to contact, etc.
I've sent you a PM.

Marina (Anacortes main harbor) is great, price includes a couple nights moorage and a sling launch. Fish the San Juans, close or far. A lot of boats go to the top of Orcas Island, and others fish Thatcher Pass area.

·
Registered
992 Posts
We are just going to camp out of the main parking lot.

I'm trying to scoot out of work by 3 on friday to get up there and get set before it gets too dark.

The Fidalgo PSA website has a ton of info, you just have to look at last years entries.

I've never fished the area, so I'm gonna chalk it up to experience.

·
Registered
126 Posts
WaveDancer,

Most of the fishing opportunities are in and near the San Juans. I'll be at North River Marine (Marysville) on Saturday, March 21st as part of a seminar that is hosted by FishFrontiers.com. I'll be talking about where to fish in the San Jauns, and answering questions about the Derby. If you can't make it ... I'll be doing an abbreviated talk on the same at the Derby Friday Night Kick-Off Meeting.

I recommend lodging at the Anaco Bay Inn (Anacortes) If they are full - I suggest the Ship Harbor Inn. Both of these motels are Derby supporters. Ask for the Derby discount when making reservations.

There are quite a few good restaurants within walking distance of the Cap Sante Boat Haven (Derby Headquarters). For more info - please go to the Anacortes Chamber of Commerce website - or ask around when you get to town.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns. We could arrange for a phone conversation - if you like.

Jay Field
Derby Chairman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts