Fishing Report - American Lake | Page 7 | Gamefishin.com

Fishing Report American Lake

Discussion in 'Pierce County' started by Paul Trudeau, Mar 4, 1999.

1. Mike in Tac

Mike in Tac Guest

Went out with 3 friends for a few hours today - 5 fish caught in about 4 hours. 2 rainbows and 3 kokanee. Both trolling and casting bait worked. Weather turned really sour by 11am. The stockers are definitely in! Lots of folks out there with fish today.

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Guest

Started fishing about 5:00pm using pink floating magnum about 3ft off of the bottom. 8Lb main 4Lb leader. Nailed 3 nice rainbows all over 12" and lost a monster due to irresponsible drag setting of my own fault. Thanks Tessa for letting me use your dock!

3. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Another good day powerbait eggs 3ft off the bottom but this time I got the big one I lost a few days ago. Thank you Tessa

4. wannafish

wannafish Well-Known Member

American lake 7-4-14

We were fishing at the north end of the lake by 5:30am. It was a slow day for my brother, Kim, and myself. We ended with keeping 4 rainbows releasing a couple and I lost a kokanee at the boat.

They started waterskiing at 7am. When they were coming along on both sides I said it was time to quit. This was about 8:30am. I thought they were supposed to stay 100 feet away?

I did get to give the big motor a chance to run fast!!!

5. wannafish

wannafish Well-Known Member

Went to American Lake today with pinkpole Kims trout.jpg to fish. Fishing was great but for us, catching was slow. Kim caught a trout on a Wannafish A Lure Bloody Mary and a Dick Nite Copper Hot Orange Tractor Tread UV Dodger. I hooked a next year kokanee that got off by the boat. Kim 1 Toni 0

6. jford0731

jford0731 New Member

Not sure why there are not more reports from American lake on here? In years past this bulletin board used to be the go – to board for reports and collaboration. They changed the layout and now everything is so hard to find and it seems people have moved on to other forums. Anyway maybe I can get the American lake fishing reports started again: today was my 10th trip out for the year. Just a couple trout to the boat in four hours of fishing from 10:30 AM to about 1:30 PM. Trolled sling blades and Dodgers with hoochies and some wedding ring spinners. All tipped with Pautzke fire corn or Gulp maggots. Was marking a lot of fish off of the National Guard RV park area just not a lot of biters. Most fish marked between 15 and 25 feet all my bites came at 21 feet on the downrigger. I did have four on and three to the boat. I'm sure number four was a Kokanee. Great day to be on the water hopefully we can see some more consistent reporting here. Good luck to all you and fish on.

Search tags for this page
american lake boat launch
american lake fishing dock

american lake fishing report

american lake fishing reports pierce county
american lake wa fishing bait
american lake wa to mt rainier
bills boat house fishing reports
fishing report for american lake in pierce county washington
how to catch fish in american lake wa
perch fishing in american lake tacoma washington for limits