Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody fished this body of water recently? I am going to fish it for the first time from my own boat on Saturday. I know it has Kokes, but still may be to early in the season. I will give it a whirl though and then post my results. Any pointers, reports or tips would be appreciated.
thanks
JDL

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
jdlunk said:
Anybody fished this body of water recently? I am going to fish it for the first time from my own boat on Saturday. I know it has Kokes, but still may be to early in the season. I will give it a whirl though and then post my results. Any pointers, reports or tips would be appreciated.
thanks
JDL
Start at 40' wink:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
im not sure I'd fish at 40 feet this early in the year. conf:

The fish are right on top right now, and the thremocline is only at about 7 feet deep.

Whats been producing is trolling your line way back, with no weight small wedding bands tip with power grubs, worms or maggots or troll dick nites. Couple of spots to check out are in front of Bill Boat House as they just released a few thousand stockers earlier this week. Other fish have been being caught at the North end of the lake trolling the shoreline in front of the New construction going on in at the Counrty Club.

Theres a pretty decent Cronomid hatch happening too, which if you are a fly guy, would be the best bet on calm days.

As it warms up, American will get better and better.....

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Sorry, should have stated trout or Kokanee, if you want cookie cutters stay on top, if you want some nice Kokes I would not fish at 40' wink: not at all Tup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As promised here is the report. We hit the water about 9am and fished until 3pn or so. We spent the first few hours tageting Kokes at various depths and with a few different methods to no avail. We then went ahead and trolled shallow and still no success. Not even the little stockers they just put in. The lot was full at the launch and I talked to several other boaters and the most success I found was a boat with two stocker 10 inchers. We even fished the top five feet of water and nothing. I just was reminded that last night was a full moon and that must explain it, because the stockers were not even active today. I will hit it again soon, but from what I gather it will not heat up for another month or so for Kokes.
Fishing not so good, but it was a great day on the water and the weather was awesome.
JDL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts