American Lake | Gamefishin.com

American Lake

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Fishin'! The best fishin' community on' started by rawhide67, Feb 11, 2011.

1. rawhide67

rawhide67 New Member

I want to get out fishing sat or sun but can only go for a few hrs in the am. I want to stay close to home and was thinking American Lake. Anybody been out there lately after anything? I would like to target either Koke's or Perch for the dinner table. I was planning on heading to the op this weekend but have to work. Tdown: Any info or reports would be great.

2. Esox Angler

Esox Angler Member

I'm curious about the perch bite,havn't fished or heard much on American in the last month or so. Might try getting a hold
    of Bill's Boathouse. Sorry,wish I could be of better help.
    Best of luck out there

3. HookSetter

HookSetter New Member

A friend and I hit American Lake Thursday from 9-2 pm for perch. Found them deep to the west of the island in 55-70 feet of water. Used 1/32 oz sparkly white jigs with a bit of worm or perch meat on them in the dropshot fashion. Did pretty good, kept only enough for one dinner as they are obviously going to spawn in the next week or two. It was a morning bite only and turned off at noon. Also caught a trout and nice smallmouth.

Last year was my first fishing American. It has a tremendous perch fishery all summer long. Didn't slow down until November. There are some HUGE smallies and trout in this lake also. The kokanee are in different elevations in the water column right now with most schools noted north and northwest of the island.

Good luck to you. Hope this helps.

randy

4. GigHarborShane

GigHarborShane Member

sorry this is out of left field but when I was a kid my uncle and I used to catch a TON of perch on Spanaway lake.
    I have no idea about it now (Anybody) but it may be worth looking into if it is perch you seek.
    I loved the one after another action.

Sorry your post just triggered some fond memories.

Shane

Search tags for this page

american lake perch

american lake perch fishing