Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
America has apologised to the British gov for misleading it. Over the years your gov has told ours that NO rendition flights have landed or flown over British Airspace. Well it turns out the CIA did land twice in Diego Garcia. This may not seem a big deal to you but over here our gov has always said there was no flights. We even held six enquiries into it and they came up with the same story.

There will of course be another enquiry over these relevations. This is because the reputation of the British gov has been damaged by these relevations.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
sir john said:
America has apologised to the British gov for misleading it.
:lol:......and we are truly sorry. Let me be the first to apologise personally for the CIA not telling you whaz'up. I do believe the Pentagon tried to get ahold of you folks but nobody was home wink:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
America has apologised to the British gov for misleading it

This is not me but the words from your Chief Legal Advisor at the American Embassy to our Foriegn Secretary two days ago. The FS had to make a statement in Parliament this afternoon over the relevation and has ordered yet another enquiry.

Your CLA was on our TV tonight and said that they found out these facts when they searched the archives(sp) on what the CIA was doing after 9/11. As soon as they found out the info they informed my gov.

Somebody then said that this may only be the tip of the iceberg as the WH is trying to clear the decks in case McCain gets in as he is totally against torture. I don't know if this is true or not just something an MP said over here. Guess what he is a Conservative or as you know them a Rep.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RvW don't make so much hay over this as it could lead to big trouble over here and over there. Tony might have left power but others are still in power and so is the Beloved One.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the beloved one knew about it and authorized it too. He's above the law, the constitution and sits at the right hand of the father. Hell, he's the decider!

Seriously though, I'll be interested to see more about this, SJ.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it turns out to be just the tip of the iceberg then we may well see an unholy row over this.

Remember Greenham Common, you got pushed out of there because of the bad publicity and all the other things that went off there. Now just imagine how it would look if you got pushed out of DG, remember it is still British and you are only there because we have an agreement with you. Well last year our High Court ruled that the citizens of DG could return there and the gov was wrong to stop them. If and I say if this continues to blow up then you may be asked to leave there.

Also remember it was not us that broke the news but your gov. Our FS spoke to Condie about it today and she agreed that it was bad that we had not been told this news before.

Hell most folk do not mind that you took Binny and his crowd to the holiday camp but were they object is that you tortured them and that you have lied to us over a number of years.

Now if it turns out that your flights did land here in England or up in Scotland then the $hit will hit the fan. Remember that it is your guys that are breaking the news and they are still checking on all the flights.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Sir John,

Let me ask you a hypothetical question .

If (God forbid) your grandchildren were about to be murdered by a terrorist attack and there was one of the terrorist's accomplices already in custody who knew when and how your family was about to be killed but refused to willingly tell authorities how to prevent it--Would you be opposed to MI5 or the CIA using 'creative interrogation tactics' (that might be deemed as torture) to quickly find out what was about to happen and how to prevent it if it could possibly save your grandchildren's lives :?:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rory let me put you upto date what your CLA said today, "We have not used these methods for the last five years and we will not be using them in the future". Now this from an American representing the Beloved One over here. He did not say it had never happened.

Rory we see things differently to you and the other hard Righties, even the Beloved One has on more than one occasion said, "We do not use torture". If you do or not I will leave upto your judgement. I do not believe in splitting hairs. If the majority says it is torture then it is. Or do you not go with the majority.

Notice I do not say what is and what isn't torture.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
sir john said:
Rory let me put you upto date what your CLA said today, "We have not used these methods for the last five years and we will not be using them in the future". Now this from an American representing the Beloved One over here. He did not say it had never happened.

Rory we see things differently to you and the other hard Righties, even the Beloved One has on more than one occasion said, "We do not use torture". If you do or not I will leave upto your judgement. I do not believe in splitting hairs. If the majority says it is torture then it is. Or do you not go with the majority.

Notice I do not say what is and what isn't torture.
But sometimes your posts are torture and I could probably find a majority opinion to support that assertion..... :oops:

Anyhooo....you and others can lose sleep, worry, complain and moan over that which you have no control Tup:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only torture to the Righties. Whose toes I enjoy stamping on. :lol: Stamping on is torture stepping on is not. :lol:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Sir John, are you assuming most of us care if the Brits get in an uproar over this? I'm afraid the majority of us don't really care if ya'll get bent out of shape. The term we usually use is....

Waaaa.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I wonder what most of the world would do if The United States pulled it's forces from the 130 foreign bases. I think it would scare the crap out of most that they would have to defend themselves. With oil prices the way they are it would be very expensive to turn the ships and planes around once they were back home to go and protect a country once they get scared.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
It always amazes me that those in America who scream the loudest over sovereignty and rights seem to have no care whatsoever when America acts in a way to deprive others of rights and sovereignty. Can you spell hypocrisy?

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
It always amazes me that those in America who scream the loudest over sovereignty and rights seem to have no care whatsoever when America acts in a way to deprive others of rights and sovereignty.
If that isn't a load of crap. No one deprived them of their rights and sovereignty... It was a brief use of tarmac. The blameless Brits just have to have something to whine about.

This thing is being blown way out of proportion. Eddie, have you ever considered moving to GB? You'd fit right in.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like I say FS it is your gov that has opened its trap(mouth), not mine as ours always denied it ever happened.

Just reporting what has happened today over here, if it does blow up then it could affect the way we work together. That would be a pity as we have worked well together apart from some spats along the way. We do not want another spat at this time as we have to much to do to get rid of Binny.

Your freedom of information bill is being blamed along with the idea that they may be cleaning the decks before the next President gets sworn in. If you clean the decks his rating can get no lower and they cannot accuse him of anything once he leaves power.

CX then what are you going to do with all those redundant sailors/soldiers and airmen. I know put them along the Mexican border. :lol: If you do wrong then you have to take the stick.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
fishslave said:
It always amazes me that those in America who scream the loudest over sovereignty and rights seem to have no care whatsoever when America acts in a way to deprive others of rights and sovereignty.
If that isn't a load of crap. No one deprived them of their rights and sovereignty... It was a brief use of tarmac. The blameless Brits just have to have something to whine about.

This thing is being blown way out of proportion. Eddie, have you ever considered moving to GB? You'd fit right in.
So, FS, you wouldn't mind if I came down to your place and used your driveway for a while, or maybe your house? Never been to GB, I don't think they have steelhead there.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
So, FS, you wouldn't mind if I came down to your place and used your driveway for a while, or maybe your house? Never been to GB, I don't think they have steelhead there.
If you had a need, I would try to be neighborly Eddie. I don't oppose people who use my driveway to turn around, nor do I sit around whining about it afterwards.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No FS that is not it. It is that you lied to us over a number of years and when you were asked before you said it had never happened. Now it turns out that you had just used a bit of tarmac. If you had said this in the first place this would have been all over and done with.

You tell a lie and then another lie, folk then think how many more lies are you telling them. This works not just for America but for all govs. Just look what has happened to Mushy in Pakistan, he is now a nontity(sp).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts