Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if he was already on a plane for Seattle. Assuming that he is healthy, that would be a great signing and if the Hawks did sign him, two major holes would have been filled in the span of 36 hours. It would also really give the Hawks a lot of flexibility on draft day too.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be sweet DB. But don't you think the Hawks will still go after a TE in the draft? A young TE could learn a lot from someone like Crumpler. Crumpler does have knee problems and the Hawks could use a good young developing backup.

It does open up options for the draft though. If the Hawks pick him up the could go either RB or run stopper DT with the 1st and 2nd picks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't know enough about Alge situation (knees/health,age,$$ he wants) but I know the Hawks want a TE with experience badly, so I am sure they are at least looking at him closley.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Alge would be a fantastic pick-up, he is 30 years old and has a heck of a lot of years left IMO. He will end up in Seattle. I can't wait.

Now if they can just add Chester Taylor as RB. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
The story on Crumpler is that when this last season started, he hadn't fully recovered from off season knee surgery. This caused him to miss some games and he had his worse season statistically. Assuming he can pass a physical and that the knee is fine, I would think he will hear from the Hawks. Ruskell likes picking off players from Atlanta and Tampa as he is really familiar with these guys. As for still drafting the TE out of USC in the 1st round if Crumpler was signed, I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
that would be such an amazing pick up by the seahawks. with the west coast offense, a great big time TE can have a big season and be utilized in so many ways. To think Hasselback has done so well without a real TE is pretty impressive. It will also help the WR and the running game

Many teams are interested however

1 - 11 of 11 Posts